Tri-tip not cooked like a brisket

Awesome post! The tri-tip looks amazing, really wish I could find some around here. I'd be happy if I cooked one and it looked half that good.

Bookmarked the blog!

Tri-Tip is the reason the West coast is the best coast. I smoke mine as well then slap on a nice reverse sear! Mmmh Yum! Raspberry chipolte goes great as an accent sauce on sandwiches but I prefer to just eat plain juicy goodness the first night and make sandwiches the next day for lunch.

I want that! Thanks Bob. Now if we can get these Texican butchers educated on TT I will give it a try.

That looks awesome! Wish mine turned out that well.
It really is one of the easiest cooks to do on a smoker. A simple rub, heck, just salt and pepper is fine. Get a nice choice tri-tip, indirect at 225F until 130F internal. Reverse sear, or not. Rest, slice,eat

Well that's a quality farkin post right there!

Very nicely done. A butcher here has Harris Ranch TT's and they are fanfarkintastic. I love the idea of tying up the small end.

Beautiful cook, beautiful pix - thanks for putting it up! :clap2:

It really is one of the easiest cooks to do on a smoker. A simple rub, heck, just salt and pepper is fine. Get a nice choice tri-tip, indirect at 225F until 130F internal. Reverse sear, or not. Rest, slice,eat

That's it perfectly. So simple. Don't go crazy with the rub. Get a little smoke, sear if you want, rest and serve. The pics here are outstanding...

Back