Tons of BBQ Recipes......enjoy

Try the one labeled "Jamaican Jerk Sauce 3". Been using that one for a couple of years. I assume it's intended for chicken, and it is very good on chicken. Discovered last weekend that is even more gooder on pork loin. There is a whole pork loin marinating in my basement fridge right now. Made one last week for a family reunion and didn't get much for myself. The 2 slices I got were dang fine. I mean this is really good.

Where do you get your scotch bonnet peppers?

I use habaneros.

Scotch Bonnets are Habeneros. (Courtesy Alton Brown on Good Eats.) Thanks for the recipes!

Scotch Bonnets are Habeneros. (Courtesy Alton Brown on Good Eats.) Thanks for the recipes!

Well.... not exactly.

From some pepperhead info:

The habanero is not the same pepper as the Scotch Bonnet They are of the same species but the Scotch Bonnet is not a Cultivar. The Scotch Bonnet has a different shape - one which closely resembles a Scot's bonnet - so it is very easy to differentiate the two. The Scotch Bonnet grows mainly in the Caribbean islands while the habanero grows mainly in Latin and North American. The flavor of the two, however, is very similar as is their heat level.

Back