Tons of BBQ Recipes......enjoy

I only get a google page that comes up saying to try again. I am using Firefox, is that a problem here? Is there another way to get to it? I would really love to get this.

Rob

Nevermind, I got it. Had to download a mxpview.exe program to see it. Great source of recipes there. Can it be added to? Thanks for the info.

Rob

Can it be added to? Rob
Yes you can add your own recipes to the files of the database program!! Here's how to do it ---

• Always make a copy of the original MXP files named "BBQ-ARC1 or BBQ-ARC2" before editing the files, and place the original copy of the files in a safe place on your PC's hard drive.
  • In the same directory/folder where the "Mxpview" application program file is located, open whichever MXP file (BBQ-ARC1 or BBQ-ARC2) that you want to edit in order to add one or more recipes, by using the "Notepad" or "Wordpad" programs to edit the files.
  • To select the "Notepad" or "Wordpad" program, right click the mouse button on the "BBQ-ARC1" or "BBQ-ARC2" file that you want to edit, and a drop down menu will appear.
  • Select the "Open With" or "Open" option and select Notepad or Wordpad program. You may be able to select the "Edit" option and the Notepad program may automatically be the program selected by your PC to open the file.
  • Add your recipe info, but you must enter the "Recipe By:" field and the "Preparation Time:" field. See the following in bold type as an example:
* Exported from MasterCook II *

Devil Wings

Recipe By : Tony Bag-o-donuts --- or leave blank without a name if you desire
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00 ---- use a time or just enter zeroes
Categories : Bbq List Poultry

• The fields could be left blank, but you must enter these two fields whenever you add a recipe.
  • Add your recipe(s) and "save" the file when you're finished.
  • Run the "Mxpview" program, open the MXP file that you edited when you added your recipe, and you should see it. Recipes are listed in the two files, BBQ-ARC1 and BBQ-ARC2, in alphabetical order.

These are the procedures which I used when adding recipes to this database program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone re-up this?
All I get is processing download request and it just sits there forever.
Or I can provide an email to send to.

i get this error

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

I was able to get the original files posted in the first post of page 2. Thanks for sharing!

I did notice about 5 adobo recipes...no word on whether they are "real" or not... :icon_devil

WOW!!!!!! Thanks a lot for sharing...I'll be sure to do the same.........Thanks again

this is all I get

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

Try the one labeled "Jamaican Jerk Sauce 3". Been using that one for a couple of years. I assume it's intended for chicken, and it is very good on chicken. Discovered last weekend that is even more gooder on pork loin. There is a whole pork loin marinating in my basement fridge right now. Made one last week for a family reunion and didn't get much for myself. The 2 slices I got were dang fine. I mean this is really good.

Where do you get your scotch bonnet peppers?

Try this new download link to download the recipe program's zipped file. I've also added a couple of catering spreadsheets in my download area at skydrive.live.com.
Just click the "BBQ_Recipes" icon/folder, then select the "Download" link, then "Save" the file to your PC:
Download Recipe Program

Back