THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
today I decided I would try a new spin on a fattie so this is what I did.
Mixed up some chopped jalapeños and diced up some pepper jack cheese, took a couple of eggs and did a three min boil, then rolled the sausage flat on wax paper put the eggs in the middle with the cheese and closed it back up, sprinkled some rub & bread crumbs on it then wrapped it in the wax paper putter in the fridge for a hour so it would firm back up and then slapped it on the pit. I'm also doing an new injection on my brisket will let you know what I think of it with pic's.
Here are the pics from lunch, Oh yea I think the next time the fattie would be great over a biscuit and some either hollandaise sauce or pepper mill gravy?
http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=rgeh2yu.49sldvvi&x=0&y=brn5pf

Very unique looking fatty there Dustaway. Yes, some hollandaise or cheese sauce on top of a bisket or Engilsh muffin would work quite nicely I think. Fatty's Benedict.

Dustaway,

I gotta try your recipe cooked on the pit. The jalapenos and cheese would go great with the egg. Similar in to Scotch Eggs, but a lot more flavor....

Have you ever played around with panko? It is Japanese bread crumbs. Really light and crispy..... it works really good on the grill or oven when used as a coating on fish. I'm going to do a panko article soon for The Cooks Kitchen.

Here is one of the best pic's of Scotch Eggs I've ever seen. They are hard boiled, wrapped in sausage, breaded with panko and fried. This comes by way of chotda, a food photographer .... I really enjoy her work. Recipe follows. Her notes are in parentheses, I don't go for the turkey sausage, it's too dry for me.

ScothEgg.jpg

Scotch Eggs

6 hard-boiled eggs, well chilled (i try to cook them to just past soft boiled stage, then stick them in the coldest part of the fridge to firm up)
1 pound good quality sausage meat (i used ground turkey meat, seasoned with sage, white pepper, salt and a tiny bit of maple syrup)
1/2 cup AP flour
1-2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup panko-style bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

peel eggs; divide sausage into 6 portions.
roll each egg in flour then press and shape a portion of the sausage around each egg.
dip sausage-wrapped eggs into beaten egg and roll in panko.
heat oil to 350˚F .
cook each egg for 4-5 minutes (4-5 min on each side if shallow frying) or until sausage is cooked and browned.

bowhnter said:
You guys are killing me with all the new stuff I gotta try :!:

That looks great too

I agree with what He said !! Hard to sit here at work and Look at all the Great Food Pron:biggrin: :eusa_clap

Thanks thirdeye I love anything deep fried even snickers :biggrin: the panko bread crumbs are good I like them on pork chops and oven bake them good stuff.

thirdeye said:
Dustaway,

I gotta try your recipe cooked on the pit. The jalapenos and cheese would go great with the egg. Similar in to Scotch Eggs, but a lot more flavor....

Have you ever played around with panko? It is Japanese bread crumbs. Really light and crispy..... it works really good on the grill or oven when used as a coating on fish. I'm going to do a panko article soon for The Cooks Kitchen.

Here is one of the best pic's of Scotch Eggs I've ever seen. They are hard boiled, wrapped in sausage, breaded with panko and fried. This comes by way of chotda, a food photographer .... I really enjoy her work. Recipe follows. Her notes are in parentheses, I don't go for the turkey sausage, it's too dry for me.

ScothEgg.jpg

Scotch Eggs

6 hard-boiled eggs, well chilled (i try to cook them to just past soft boiled stage, then stick them in the coldest part of the fridge to firm up)
1 pound good quality sausage meat (i used ground turkey meat, seasoned with sage, white pepper, salt and a tiny bit of maple syrup)
1/2 cup AP flour
1-2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup panko-style bread crumbs
Vegetable oil for frying

peel eggs; divide sausage into 6 portions.
roll each egg in flour then press and shape a portion of the sausage around each egg.
dip sausage-wrapped eggs into beaten egg and roll in panko.
heat oil to 350˚F .
cook each egg for 4-5 minutes (4-5 min on each side if shallow frying) or until sausage is cooked and browned.

Back