THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I usually have to scrape the inside out with a putty knife at least once a year to deep clean. Do you notice a longer time for combustion when you don't empty the pot?

Having been a big pellet guy for many years now I typically clean mine out once every couple months or after a really big long cook. Ash has to go somewhere.

Depending on the length of cook I clean every 2-4 cooks. Never really went any longer. No biggy really because it's not bad to clean. I have a little 1x1 shop vac that works perfectly.

For me a year might be 6 cooks. M I clean it out after every cook because I never know when I'll use it next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I’m surprised that it didn’t have more ash! After a year I figured it would be full.

I try to clean mine every time, but have waited to 2 or 3 cooks when doing something short like chicken or ribs.

That's a lot of ash buildup! I clean my CH5 after no more than 3 cooks (depends on length of cook). I bought one of those stainless ash vacs with the fire resistant liner and have had no issues with mine. I do wait until the next day to vacuum it out though. The porcelain racks fit in my Maytag dishwasher lower basket and I run them on the HD clean/Steam clean/Sanitize cycle and they come out like new using the Cascade Platinum pods.

Back