THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dinner at my house is hectic. Pulling a 16 and 14 yr old boy off the video games and YouTube stream on the weekend is work. So. I present a meal in 4 parts on paper.

Hatch Chile / Mexican Blend Quesadilla

y3djYbvl.jpg

ooA4o8Zl.jpg

Hatch Chile / Pepperjack Sourdough (mine)

w8aSEUWl.jpg

snR8uc9l.jpg

BBQ / Mexican Blend / Quesadilla

i3I3jYTl.jpg

Onion / Swiss / Rye (wife)

sOmF8N4l.jpg

2NnRVpYl.jpg

Finally I sit down. Freakin short order cook I tell ya.

wkjPoHcl.jpg

Ummm.... this looks absolutely unreal. I've been looking for a new taco idea.

Can you share a little more detail on cut/temp/time at each stage?

Looks thin for chuck roast, to me, but I'm an idiot. 250 on the smoke side, 300 on the braise?

Don't need a ton of details, but the braise is a great add and I don't see it on a lot of recipes.

Thanks!

Ummm.... this looks absolutely unreal. I've been looking for a new taco idea.

Can you share a little more detail on cut/temp/time at each stage?

Looks thin for chuck roast, to me, but I'm an idiot. 250 on the smoke side, 300 on the braise?

Don't need a ton of details, but the braise is a great add and I don't see it on a lot of recipes.

Thanks!

You had it right on. About 3 hours at 250 but I’ve gone hotter and the chuck is forgiving.

Some combination of spice and liquid. About a cup of liquid per 2-3 lbs of meat. Then foil and cook at whatever temp you want or throw it in the oven. 300-325 until tender. I’d say about 2.5 hours at 300.

These were cut thin but didn’t effect taste or texture.

Search Pepper Stout Beef if you want a starting point. Or search for Barbacoa. I’ve done that with beef cheeks. That’s the bomb.

You had it right on. About 3 hours at 250 but I’ve gone hotter and the chuck is forgiving.

Some combination of spice and liquid. About a cup of liquid per 2-3 lbs of meat. Then foil and cook at whatever temp you want or throw it in the oven. 300-325 until tender. I’d say about 2.5 hours at 300.

These were cut thin but didn’t effect taste or texture.

Search Pepper Stout Beef if you want a starting point. Or search for Barbacoa. I’ve done that with beef cheeks. That’s the bomb.

That's fantastic, I know what I'm doing this weekend. Thank you!

Everything looks good, but i would imagine my family would be so sick of pulled beef after all that. Im lucky if i could pull off 3 bbq meals a week. And im talking totally different meats each time. Must be a regional thing.

Back