THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My observation. If you want a high end custom steel cooker —get it, get on the wait list-get it now. When you’re 60 there are going to be a lot of things you’d wished you’d done at 40. Figure it out. If a dream can be bought-figure it out and do it.

Life happens, until it doesn’t.

My observation. If you want a high end custom steel cooker —get it, get on the wait list-get it now. When you’re 60 there are going to be a lot of things you’d wished you’d done at 40. Figure it out. If a dream can be bought-figure it out and do it.

😳 *furiously adds coins to piggy bank

I don't appreciate this advice as I might be looking at a larger truck and I don't need anyone pushing me over the edge to go get one :caked:.

I'd be happy with a Moberg or a Shirley but they are too big for my needs. As far as waiting, they are custom built in USA. If you cant wait then buy a cheapo from China. My dad always told me "You get what you pay for".

you may not be totally clued in on the Shirley wait time... I happen to be a Shirley..... I go by the name of Paul.... my wait time is not near three years.... Tyler is booked out a lot longer than me.... but is also telling his customers it might be as early as three moths sooner..... I booked builds that start out as patio models and as time goes on it winds up with a roof system and a huge trailer.... please do not think I am mad.... people speak without knowing the the whole truth.... we have a ton of customers that do not mind waiting for various reasons.......why wait for a Shirley??? I ask myself the same question.... but I just keep getting deposits every week.... must be doing something right..... as are many other builders.... and as Texas Pete said.... I assure you cookers is not all we do.... we hoe.... pick... and Plow in Tuscaloosa Alabama.....furthermore we must be doing something right... this is why... a lot of folks are copying our designs....going to hard to mimic our quality..... but I am very aware there are some awesome pit builders out there..... Moberg is one of them.... they build a great pit no doubt about it

I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan

I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan
Good point. I put 50% down once and got mine right before the builder started having delivery issues and went under. Lots of buyers were out a lot of money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back