The Moberg knocking down wait times

My observation. If you want a high end custom steel cooker —get it, get on the wait list-get it now. When you’re 60 there are going to be a lot of things you’d wished you’d done at 40. Figure it out. If a dream can be bought-figure it out and do it.

Life happens, until it doesn’t.

My observation. If you want a high end custom steel cooker —get it, get on the wait list-get it now. When you’re 60 there are going to be a lot of things you’d wished you’d done at 40. Figure it out. If a dream can be bought-figure it out and do it.

😳 *furiously adds coins to piggy bank

I don't appreciate this advice as I might be looking at a larger truck and I don't need anyone pushing me over the edge to go get one :caked:.

I'd be happy with a Moberg or a Shirley but they are too big for my needs. As far as waiting, they are custom built in USA. If you cant wait then buy a cheapo from China. My dad always told me "You get what you pay for".

you may not be totally clued in on the Shirley wait time... I happen to be a Shirley..... I go by the name of Paul.... my wait time is not near three years.... Tyler is booked out a lot longer than me.... but is also telling his customers it might be as early as three moths sooner..... I booked builds that start out as patio models and as time goes on it winds up with a roof system and a huge trailer.... please do not think I am mad.... people speak without knowing the the whole truth.... we have a ton of customers that do not mind waiting for various reasons.......why wait for a Shirley??? I ask myself the same question.... but I just keep getting deposits every week.... must be doing something right..... as are many other builders.... and as Texas Pete said.... I assure you cookers is not all we do.... we hoe.... pick... and Plow in Tuscaloosa Alabama.....furthermore we must be doing something right... this is why... a lot of folks are copying our designs....going to hard to mimic our quality..... but I am very aware there are some awesome pit builders out there..... Moberg is one of them.... they build a great pit no doubt about it

I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan

I stand behind the Shirley family and their cookers. I had a large custom cooker built by Tyler and could not be happier. They work hard, are very skilled....and EARN every penny they make. One of my friends had a 24x50 built by Paul which we picked up about a month ago. Outstanding quality! Fit n finish is top of the line. I know there are other manufacturers who also do a great job. Many of them want 1/3 down at the time of order. I’m not that comfortable with that with a 15-18 month lead time. Stuff happens.

Phil Morgan
Good point. I put 50% down once and got mine right before the builder started having delivery issues and went under. Lots of buyers were out a lot of money.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back