The Lang is here!!! Now with PRON!!!

where is the finished food. pics man pics
They're coming... I'll post all of them at once... This is day two of my first cook... Last night was brisket (all I could prep in time) and today is Pork Butt's & Fatties...

Barkeep, buy that man another, make it a double. Jeff, just tell yourself that your'e practicing for Libertyville in Oct. Brutal wind. It takes a while to learn fire management, I learn something new everytime I fire up the Gator. Looks good though.
Thanks Mark... I know that it's going to take a while but I'm already getting better at it... Ron_L tweeked my memory to putting a blanket on the cooking area and man I tell you what a differance!!!

Did you find yourself having to add some raw coals to keep the bed glowing? That seems to be the biggest challenge in my offset.
I'm using a mix of lump and wood and find that I need to put in lump about once an hour and another log every two hours... It's a system that I'm just figuring out but it seems to be working!

OK, I changed my mind... Here are is the pron from the first night...

It's Brisket Time!!!!
DSCF2234-1.jpg

DSCF2243.jpg

DSCF2244.jpg

There's more to come!!! I have Pork Butt's, Fatties, and Burnt Ends on now and Corned Beef Soaking for Pastrami tomorrow!!!

Lookin good bro, looks like ya got the hang of it already!!
Lookin forward to some pork later....:biggrin:

Well, the fatties are done... Just a couple of two pounders...
DSCF2247-1.jpg

Still waiting on the Pork Butt's (175*) and the burnt ends....

Congrats on the smoker! She's beautiful. Brisket looks awesome. Those fatties are making my stomach growl this early!

Great looking brisket and fatties! Nice smoke ring on the brisket!

Good lord Dive, you are doing some cook'in...Hope your enjoy'in your new toy...Lookin GOOD.

Man Dive you got me tired from all the cooking. Keep up the good work.

I have to agree... nice looking cooker, brisket, fatties, now for the rest of the good looking stuff.....

I make a motion to have a national bash at some one's house that just got a new Lang and is cooking up a storm.... :biggrin: There should be enough for the closer ones to start on, and as there is room, there can be more thrown on for us that will getting there a little later....

All in favor????

I

I have to agree... nice looking cooker, brisket, fatties, now for the rest of the good looking stuff.....

I make a motion to have a national bash at some one's house that just got a new Lang and is cooking up a storm.... :biggrin: There should be enough for the closer ones to start on, and as there is room, there can be more thrown on for us that will getting there a little later....

All in favor????

I
I'll second that!!

OK, here is the last of the weekends cooks....

If you make Brisket, you gotta have Burnt Ends.....
DSCF2250-1.jpg

Then there is the Pork Butts too....
DSCF2253-1.jpg

DSCF2256-1.jpg

And last but not least is the Pastrami....
DSCF2260-1.jpg

Well that's it... I'm going to bed....

Back