The Lang is here!!! Now with PRON!!!

That's one fine looking smoker there Jeff!

Looks like she is getting broke in just fine.

Congrats.

Why not make two smaller ones... Could give you more options than one large one....

In fact, I'm thinking that I may do the same....

Talkin bout the trays or the doors? lol.. Yea two trays would be better for diffrerent cookin areas. still wanna turn it into 1 door instead of 2 so i cook cook whole hog.. mmm mmm.

Congrats, divemaster. that is one nice lookin' piece of equipment right there... i'm envious of all the fun you're going to have getting it broken in.

Looking sweet there Jeff, but why would you want to pollute a tasty beverage with coke?:biggrin:

hows the cook going? ya still up???
Still up and cooking... The briskets have been foiled and back on the Lang... In the mean time I'm starting my coffee... I think I'm going to need it, Doing butts, pastrami, fatties, and if I have the energy some armadillo eggs...

Looking sweet there Jeff, but why would you want to pollute a tasty beverage with coke?:biggrin:
I needed to make it through the night....

Looks great! congrats. Be careful I think that unit has a problem with foul weather :biggrin:.
She did just fine...

Just took the briskets off... 11 hours, not bad... They are resting now and I'm getting her up to cleaning temps.... Later today I'll start the pork butt's and fatties!!!

Right now, I need a nap..

looks great man. Hows the learning curve? Any trouble keeping temps up/down?

How's the lake effect snow up there? Does Big Bubbette have a snow blanket? We're too far west for snow. It's sunny here.

looks great man. Hows the learning curve? Any trouble keeping temps up/down?

It was a little tough keeping the temps up last night. She eats more fuel than I expected (I went to Menards and picked up 10 bags of lump this morning.:eek::eek::eek:) All in all I'm happy with the results... I'll post the pron once I finish all the cooking tomorrow.:wink:

How's the lake effect snow up there? Does Big Bubbette have a snow blanket? We're too far west for snow. It's sunny here.

Snot wasn't bad but it was tough keeping the temps up last night... Didn't think of putting a blanket on her... Think I'll try that now!!!:mrgreen:

Barkeep, buy that man another, make it a double. Jeff, just tell yourself that your'e practicing for Libertyville in Oct. Brutal wind. It takes a while to learn fire management, I learn something new everytime I fire up the Gator. Looks good though.

Did you find yourself having to add some raw coals to keep the bed glowing? That seems to be the biggest challenge in my offset.

Back