The Kraft and Bulls-Eye cook

Just as a reminder, I drive a BMW, drink handcrafted microbrews and have custom AML Woodart handles on my cookers, I also like my girfriend in her black patent leather stilettos. Nothing wrong with feeling special.

But, I remember that Walmart thing and how stupid the push back was.

Last edited:
Excellent write up. Frankly I'm not too surprised with the outcome either. Until just a few years ago, July 2009 in fact, we usually had a bottle or two of Kraft or Bullseye on hand and were perfectly happy. Funny thing is though, they weren't used on meats for the most part (OK, you can make an interesting sloppy Joe with doctored up Kraft) but rather for making beans or as a dip for fries. I love dipping fries in BBQ sauce. Fried chicken tenders too. We still don't sauce our meat though, unless you consider angry vinegar a sauce.

Great experiment! I find the Kraft overly sweet and with the HFCS, I tend to stay away completely. I have doctored up Kraft to make it edible. I may have to try the Bullseye. For fries...

Thanks again for the write-up, landarc!

Great post!

I'm wondering if this is the first time in history Kraft has met Red Boat.

My wife and I both really like that particular bullseye sauce. I've used it on chicken and pork loin with good results. Also works pretty well on leftover pulled pork(but it IS a bit thick to mix in well).

Perhaps a little credit should be given to the cook here as well!?! Kudos!! I believe there are some brethren that could make a slug edible.

I loved your method and the food looks great. Other than dipping nuggets, how many times do you just sit down with a bowl of sauce and go to town. Personally, I like to put it on some meat, some meat seasoned the way I like it. Did you make those sausages? They look great!

Back