The Big Easy has arrived

One challenge is setting the cooking temperature. Or should I say determining the cooking temperature. The gas dial has On/Off. I turned it all the way on and then backed off as I saw it was cooking pretty hot/fast. About 3/4 open seemed about right.

Ok Todd, you just cost me $130 bucks!!! I know Andy is going to go buy one after he reads this. Thanks! Thanks a lot!!!! :eek::wink:

Actually, we've already talked and he's going to borrow mine for Thanksgiving. You'll be taking it to Wisconsin with you. :wink:

But he was all ready to go to Lowes today.....he was just waiting to hear how your cook went. I bet you he will buy one tomorrow. Just watch.

Actually, we've already talked and he's going to borrow mine for Thanksgiving. You'll be taking it to Wisconsin with you. :wink:

Good looking bird, but looks like it is similar to a fryer, in that you cannot put rub on the outside of the bird - gets burnt.

But he was all ready to go to Lowes today.....he was just waiting to hear how your cook went. I bet you he will buy one tomorrow. Just watch.

I'll take that bet, but I am putting $5 on Todd. Already bought too many toys this month between sparklie green metallic things for you, HD radio w/ bluetooth for the truck, and my Max Mileage module. If we like it, I've got a $10 "project starter" card for Lowe's we'll use to pick one up.

Pretty impressive. Not sure it can replace the taste of turkey fried in peanut oil but a heck of a lot less messy.

Heya guys-

OK- I am a big/huge fan of the peanut oil fry turkey. Of course, behind the smokin of one. But today I was in Lowes ..."just lookin aroud" and I saw this, and decided what the hell. right !?!

On the way home picked up a breast, put some rub under the skin, and a tad on top. While that was chillin in the frig put the assembled the Easy and got confortable with the thought of cooking this breast without oil or wood...

Turned out GOOD !!! To my surprise, it allllllmost tasted fried ALMOST.
still very tender
smell of the cook wasnt quite the peanut oil that I'm used to, but close
clean up..... THE BEST DAMN PART OF THIS UNIT
I layed off the sugar in the rub so the burnt skin wasent all that bad..some parts of the skin that came out quite nice.

Over all, I say that this is a good addition to your cookin staff :)

I will be using this on turkey day and will post pics of a cook then. Threw out the wraper before I read the weight on the breast, but the cook was 1hr 15min (no lid on).

Whole Catfish, blacken seasoning and lemon pepper. One piece of hickory, it gets red hot where burner first lights up. The basket had to be bent slightly but stands up straight.

Attachments

• smaller-006.jpg
    smaller-006.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 374
  • catfish 035.jpg
    catfish 035.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 375
We have a College Quarterback who happens to be a conisuer of fine nasal scarfage!! :cool:

Didn't Mangino get caught doing the same a few years back on ABC?

Hijackers!!!

Whole Catfish, blacken seasoning and lemon pepper. One piece of hickory, it gets red hot where burner first lights up. The basket had to be bent slightly but stands up straight.

That's pretty cool. Cool idea.

Well after reading all of these post and on another forum I bought one.

The only one left in the store was the display, and didn't have a recipe book in it. So if anyone has info or recipes please share. I will give a report later.

OK..not convinced to give up my fryer yet......but keep them posts and pics coming!!! I am intrigued! Don't know what dat means but I did stay at a holiday inn last night :biggrin:

Nice

I'm really consisdering one..........no I'm gonna buy one thanks Todd:mrgreen:

Back