Teriyaki Chicken

Roy, that is true, and I often add hot sauce or peppers to increase the heat.

I am also not above soaking winks or chicken chunks in the marinade, then dipping in flour and panko and deep frying to make kara-age.

I am also not above soaking winks or chicken chunks in the marinade, then dipping in flour and panko and deep frying to make kara-age.

Yes! kara-age is the bomb! (rice on the side) Real good pupu! (appetizer) Goes great w/ beer.

Now Im hungry!!! lol My recipe is basically the same as yours but I let my chicken marinate from anywhere to 24 - 48 hours in the fridge. I would marinate it at least 1 day ahead of time but prefer 2 days. I'm a wing guy so I make a huge batch of wings and put them on the drum! great for football and hockey games!! Making your own teriyaki sauce is very easy and doesn't compare to anything you buy in the store IMO.

Great lookin chicken! Just like Mama used to make and I couldn't wait to eat. I'm def going to be making this. It's been a while since I've been back to my teriyaki and rice roots.

Hey thanks for the recipe. Im going to try that sometime.

I been messing around with making my own teriyaki marinade for a while. I'v been trying to clone the basic flavor of the House of Tsang Korean Teriyaki stir-fry sauce. I think I'm almost there but I have a couple more mods to try on it, although the wife says mine is better than House of Tsang's. One of these days I'll use fresh ingredients and some better soy sauce, that will probably put it over the top.

I am thinking about using this with a couple pork tenderloins this weekend.

That sounds amazing.

I hope it works for you. Taste it Tom, make sure it tastes good before hitting the chicken. I sometimes add more garlic, ginger or pepper.

Back