THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Thread

Great thread. :clap:
Awesome that you made the sauce too!!
Made some a couple months ago (yours look WAY better).
Yes, somewhat tedious but practice makes perfect and worth the work.
Thanks for sharing.

Attachments

• 2013-01-03 18.55.36.jpg
    2013-01-03 18.55.36.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76
  • 2013-01-03 19.00.18.jpg
    2013-01-03 19.00.18.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 76
Man, those look goooood! Never tried making tamales, but that may change soon after seeing this! :thumb:

I'm thrilled to see this tamale thread, I love tamales but have never made them. I could now with the step by step process of your thread. THANK YOU. Your plate looks deliciously wonderful.

Hey, Buccs, you could try making tamales with banana leaves. Maybe the taste is different but it's better than not eating them at all. Banana leaves are used for cooking, too -- aren't they what's used for sticky rice? Not so different an approach all things considered.

I'm thrilled to see this tamale thread, I love tamales but have never made them. I could now with the step by step process of your thread. THANK YOU. Your plate looks deliciously wonderful.

Hey, Buccs, you could try making tamales with banana leaves. Maybe the taste is different but it's better than not eating them at all. Banana leaves are used for cooking, too -- aren't they what's used for sticky rice? Not so different an approach all things considered.

And perhaps you could try out my Mexican rice recipe to go along with these fabulous tamales for a side, too, Kathy.

Bucc-- even parchment paper will do.

And perhaps you could try out my Mexican rice recipe to go along with these fabulous tamales for a side, too, Kathy.

Bucc-- even parchment paper will do.

Both really good ideas, beercuer. We have these stupid parchment steaming bags my partner bought I refuse to use. We've had them at least three years. I don't eat fish and there's no meat I like to eat steamed...... but for tamales when there's no corn husks..... just brilliant. Absolutely with a side of Brown Mexican rice. :thumb:

Back