JoAnn's- Hobby Lobby?? Nope Walmart arts and crafts

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
My Walmart has the Weber Smokey Joe 50% off. Needed entertainment. Because......
Loaded the Bride up and took her to Doctor.She been spinning since Cheyenne.
Dx of Benign Positional Vertigo. May be three days may be three months. So I'm basically grounded. Searching Brickseek noticed the Walmartians had Clearance in full swing. Bought the Tamale Pot at United. Not sure when I will begin, Mini WSM's PBC's and Akorn were all the rage a decade + ago. It was about this time of year as Brethren, most long departed from posting had their WSM's decorated in team colors.
As the book began, "it was the best of times"

Last edited:
A mini was the first smoker I made back in 2013(?) wow. This site (and YouTube) was chock full of people building the heck out of them. Fun build- cooks great...as long as you can get around the limited capacity. Definitely not a "go big or go home" cooker.

Still have it and enjoy it. Between the mini and my 30 gallon uds, I'm covered- don't do nearly as many "big" cooks anymore.

I trust you will post up some pics when you are done?

ditto sentiments re bride. I saw this project mentioned once before and looking forward to photos. We need an empty nest size cooker.

I needed a new steam pot, so this was great news for me. Picked up the 20 quart for use in the home.

I hope the wife feels better. Vertigo is not fun, I had it off and on for three months after a head trauma injury. My thoughts for better and improved health go out to her.

Vertigo is very annoying and scary. Have you had any head scans or tried physical therapy? There are some exercises that can help.

She's been doing the Epley Maneuver vertigo exercises, Zofran(generic equivalent) knocked the nausea out fast. She wasn't spinning yesterday but didn't make any fast head turns. As of now, returning to normal

Back