THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'd love to see a 22 1/2 inch WSM, but I agree that it is most likely just a rumor. Ian, I like the Pro-Q 20" and would probably buy one if I didn't already have two WSMs. Frankly, the 20" diameter isn't a big enough space gain over the WSM to make me switch. If it were priced the same as the WSM I would be tempted,however.

You could always get a ProQ stacker for the WSM and add another level to it.:lol:

Besides the fact that i have 3 wsm i do not care for the extra space. I believe it works the way it does because of the way it is built. I would not get one.

I'd love to see a 22 1/2 inch WSM, but I agree that it is most likely just a rumor. Ian, I like the Pro-Q 20" and would probably buy one if I didn't already have two WSMs. Frankly, the 20" diameter isn't a big enough space gain over the WSM to make me switch. If it were priced the same as the WSM I would be tempted,however.
If the only difference was size, I would have to agree with you on the price, but the ProQ's have loads more features built in... Handles, Temp Gauge, stackability, probe eyelets and their design makes them a lot easier to use.

Besides the fact that i have 3 wsm i do not care for the extra space. I believe it works the way it does because of the way it is built. I would not get one.

3 WSM's... then you may be needing 3 of these :roll:
WSM-Stacker_lg.jpg

All right all right, I know the thread is 18 months old, but :lol: :

BBQ BUBBA said:
Salesman is full of dodo
Harbormaster said:
There's been rumors about the super WSM ever since I got one. I'll believe it when I see it.
BigMista said:
Will the Big WSM rumor ever die?
bigabyte said:
Not again.
BBQ GRAIL said:
I think this is why we have the "no pictures...didn't happen (doesn't exist) rule!

Oh, I almost missed:
Don Marco said:
I dont expect Weber ever to remodel the WSM. They are just too busy kissing their own butts.

As a newbee to smokers this thread was totally confusing, I guess the 22" WSM is relatively new.

If you had been around the forums a few years you would understand. Rumors had been circulating about a 22" WSM for a few years before it was finally released. There were even so called "release dates" that never happened, and even people who emailed/talked to the good folks at Weber who said they had absolutely no plans to make a 22" WSM. Then all of the sudden....IT HAPPENED!:biggrin:

What kind of rub would you suggest for Godzilla?

Should I just smoke him to a 190 internal temperature?

I was thinking about maybe spatchcocking him.

I'll check to see if Donnie has a Godzilla "how to" on youtube...

I bet he does a 3 part rub with Butt Glitter...

I wonder what song he'll use... OH WAIT! GODZILLA!

Should I brine Godzilla?

Maybe I'll wrap him in foil after 22 hrs...

Nah, no foil... that's a crutch...

Lets see... at 1-1/2 hrs per pound... He MIGHT be done before Thanksgiving if I start now...

What kind of mop goes good with Godzilla?

Maybe I'll just glaze him on the gasser at the end and forget the mop..

OH JEEZE!?! Should I just use straight K bricks or lump? I heard the bricks would give an off taste, but it IS Godzilla...

I'll use lump I think.. If I crush the big pieces down a bit it should work...

How many bags will it take for a 27 day smoke... dang...

I'll NEVER be able to brine that sucker! I wonder if he is "enhanced"...

Butterball Godzilla! That's the ticket!

My head hurts...

Oh I know! I'll just get a big beer can!

Oh KEGGER!

What kind of rub would you suggest for Godzilla?
Plowboys of course. The MSG really enhances mutant creatures.

Should I just smoke him to a 190 internal temperature?
Godzilla meat is like chicken, so use that as a guideline.

I was thinking about maybe spatchcocking him.
Great idea! You can borrow my shears.

I'll check to see if Donnie has a Godzilla "how to" on youtube...
In case he doesn't, you can maybe use this as a guideline...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgWJLnvywQ

I bet he does a 3 part rub with Butt Glitter...
I'm thinking 6 parts would be better. Godzilla is big enough to have even chunkier ingredients layered on top than normal.

I wonder what song he'll use... OH WAIT! GODZILLA!
Duh!

Should I brine Godzilla?
No, he is a saltwater creature already from the briny deep.

Maybe I'll wrap him in foil after 22 hrs...
I would use foil to shield the breast meat while waiting for the thighs to get done.

Nah, no foil... that's a crutch...
Ha-ha! Yeah, you're right.

Lets see... at 1-1/2 hrs per pound... He MIGHT be done before Thanksgiving if I start now...
I hope this gets to you in time then!:shock:

What kind of mop goes good with Godzilla?
No mop, but using thirdeyes lemon trick under the skin might be a good idea.

Maybe I'll just glaze him on the gasser at the end and forget the mop..
I think Weber is also working on a giant Performer.

OH JEEZE!?! Should I just use straight K bricks or lump? I heard the bricks would give an off taste, but it IS Godzilla...
Godzilla is immune to normal fire. You need to use a stronger fule source. Think along the lines of enriched uranium.

I'll use lump I think.. If I crush the big pieces down a bit it should work...
See above.

How many bags will it take for a 27 day smoke... dang...
Judging from my college days, a pound would be a safe bet. so however big your baggies are will dictate how many it will take to store that pound of stuff.

I'll NEVER be able to brine that sucker! I wonder if he is "enhanced"...
Of course he's enhanced, he a mutant lizard with super powers!

Butterball Godzilla! That's the ticket!
It's easiest to brush melted butter on it than to apply a ball of butter and hope it melts just right.

My head hurts...
Ummm....well....

Oh I know! I'll just get a big beer can!
That's a great idea!

Oh KEGGER!
Brilliant!

Back