Super WSM

I'd love to see a 22 1/2 inch WSM, but I agree that it is most likely just a rumor. Ian, I like the Pro-Q 20" and would probably buy one if I didn't already have two WSMs. Frankly, the 20" diameter isn't a big enough space gain over the WSM to make me switch. If it were priced the same as the WSM I would be tempted,however.

You could always get a ProQ stacker for the WSM and add another level to it.:lol:

Besides the fact that i have 3 wsm i do not care for the extra space. I believe it works the way it does because of the way it is built. I would not get one.

I'd love to see a 22 1/2 inch WSM, but I agree that it is most likely just a rumor. Ian, I like the Pro-Q 20" and would probably buy one if I didn't already have two WSMs. Frankly, the 20" diameter isn't a big enough space gain over the WSM to make me switch. If it were priced the same as the WSM I would be tempted,however.
If the only difference was size, I would have to agree with you on the price, but the ProQ's have loads more features built in... Handles, Temp Gauge, stackability, probe eyelets and their design makes them a lot easier to use.

Besides the fact that i have 3 wsm i do not care for the extra space. I believe it works the way it does because of the way it is built. I would not get one.

3 WSM's... then you may be needing 3 of these :roll:
WSM-Stacker_lg.jpg

All right all right, I know the thread is 18 months old, but :lol: :

BBQ BUBBA said:
Salesman is full of dodo
Harbormaster said:
There's been rumors about the super WSM ever since I got one. I'll believe it when I see it.
BigMista said:
Will the Big WSM rumor ever die?
bigabyte said:
Not again.
BBQ GRAIL said:
I think this is why we have the "no pictures...didn't happen (doesn't exist) rule!

Oh, I almost missed:
Don Marco said:
I dont expect Weber ever to remodel the WSM. They are just too busy kissing their own butts.

As a newbee to smokers this thread was totally confusing, I guess the 22" WSM is relatively new.

If you had been around the forums a few years you would understand. Rumors had been circulating about a 22" WSM for a few years before it was finally released. There were even so called "release dates" that never happened, and even people who emailed/talked to the good folks at Weber who said they had absolutely no plans to make a 22" WSM. Then all of the sudden....IT HAPPENED!:biggrin:

Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, OK. Weber will deny the new Giant WSM. It is rumored to be able to cook Godzilla.

Giant_WSM.jpg

What kind of rub would you suggest for Godzilla?

Should I just smoke him to a 190 internal temperature?

I was thinking about maybe spatchcocking him.

I'll check to see if Donnie has a Godzilla "how to" on youtube...

I bet he does a 3 part rub with Butt Glitter...

I wonder what song he'll use... OH WAIT! GODZILLA!

Should I brine Godzilla?

Maybe I'll wrap him in foil after 22 hrs...

Nah, no foil... that's a crutch...

Lets see... at 1-1/2 hrs per pound... He MIGHT be done before Thanksgiving if I start now...

What kind of mop goes good with Godzilla?

Maybe I'll just glaze him on the gasser at the end and forget the mop..

OH JEEZE!?! Should I just use straight K bricks or lump? I heard the bricks would give an off taste, but it IS Godzilla...

I'll use lump I think.. If I crush the big pieces down a bit it should work...

How many bags will it take for a 27 day smoke... dang...

I'll NEVER be able to brine that sucker! I wonder if he is "enhanced"...

Butterball Godzilla! That's the ticket!

My head hurts...

Oh I know! I'll just get a big beer can!

Oh KEGGER!

What kind of rub would you suggest for Godzilla?
Plowboys of course. The MSG really enhances mutant creatures.

Should I just smoke him to a 190 internal temperature?
Godzilla meat is like chicken, so use that as a guideline.

I was thinking about maybe spatchcocking him.
Great idea! You can borrow my shears.

I'll check to see if Donnie has a Godzilla "how to" on youtube...
In case he doesn't, you can maybe use this as a guideline...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCgWJLnvywQ

I bet he does a 3 part rub with Butt Glitter...
I'm thinking 6 parts would be better. Godzilla is big enough to have even chunkier ingredients layered on top than normal.

I wonder what song he'll use... OH WAIT! GODZILLA!
Duh!

Should I brine Godzilla?
No, he is a saltwater creature already from the briny deep.

Maybe I'll wrap him in foil after 22 hrs...
I would use foil to shield the breast meat while waiting for the thighs to get done.

Nah, no foil... that's a crutch...
Ha-ha! Yeah, you're right.

Lets see... at 1-1/2 hrs per pound... He MIGHT be done before Thanksgiving if I start now...
I hope this gets to you in time then!:shock:

What kind of mop goes good with Godzilla?
No mop, but using thirdeyes lemon trick under the skin might be a good idea.

Maybe I'll just glaze him on the gasser at the end and forget the mop..
I think Weber is also working on a giant Performer.

OH JEEZE!?! Should I just use straight K bricks or lump? I heard the bricks would give an off taste, but it IS Godzilla...
Godzilla is immune to normal fire. You need to use a stronger fule source. Think along the lines of enriched uranium.

I'll use lump I think.. If I crush the big pieces down a bit it should work...
See above.

How many bags will it take for a 27 day smoke... dang...
Judging from my college days, a pound would be a safe bet. so however big your baggies are will dictate how many it will take to store that pound of stuff.

I'll NEVER be able to brine that sucker! I wonder if he is "enhanced"...
Of course he's enhanced, he a mutant lizard with super powers!

Butterball Godzilla! That's the ticket!
It's easiest to brush melted butter on it than to apply a ball of butter and hope it melts just right.

My head hurts...
Ummm....well....

Oh I know! I'll just get a big beer can!
That's a great idea!

Oh KEGGER!
Brilliant!

Back