Sunday, 8/10/2014 Brethren Gathering - ILFO, IAFO, INFO, WIFO, MIFO or anyone :)

Poll closed, Date and Location Decided

• Total voters
This might be a good time to bring up the rules of the forest preserves. Most stuff is common sense. The big thing is glass containers are not allowed. If you are bringing beer cans are a good idea. Solo cups are good as well. Just don't need "The Man" coming down on us.

http://fpdcc.com/preserves-and-trails/rules-and-regulations/

Also BRING WATER for drinking, cooking and cleaning. These woods are located on (or near) a nuclear waste dump from the Manhattan Project. They disconnected the well water pumps years ago as a precaution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Gate_Woods

No need to worry. I have been going to the woods around there since I was a kid and I am just fine. :wacko:

This might be a good time to bring up the rules of the forest preserves. Most stuff is common sense. The big thing is glass containers are not allowed. If you are bringing beer cans are a good idea. Solo cups are good as well. Just don't need "The Man" coming down on us.

http://fpdcc.com/preserves-and-trails/rules-and-regulations/

Also BRING WATER for drinking, cooking and cleaning. These woods are located on (or near) a nuclear waste dump from the Manhattan Project. They disconnected the well water pumps years ago as a precaution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Gate_Woods

No need to worry. I have been going to the woods around there since I was a kid and I am just fine. :wacko:

Well... You are rather tall... :-D

Thanks for posting the rules.

I'll be bringing my big cooler (150 qt, I think) and I'll have a 32 pack of water bottles and probably some beer. If anyone needs to stick something in the cooler that's fine.

Ron,the wife is going to make some fruit pies. Their an apple, raspberry, rhubarb combo. If you need something else let me know, like meat or anything.

Pies sound great! Anything else is up to you!

I can also bring breakfast items. Hash browns, eggs, homemade bacon, you let me know Ron.

If you feel like bringing that, great, but don't feel obligated.

We are gonna do pizzas for sure. Other stuff yet to be decided.

Sounds like pizza is the item of the day :thumb:

Updated list...

Equipment

Me - Blackstone Pizza Oven
Grabnabber - Weber kettle
Diesel Dave - Lang
Thermal Mass - Uds(2), 22" kettle, fryer and 24" flat top griddle if needed
Neotrout - OTG and a WSM
Theboz1419 - UDS (maybe), Heatermeter 4.2
oifmarine2003 - Stainless UDS
Shagdog - UDS

Food
Me - Pizzas and Bloody Captains. Probably a couple of naked fatties for snacks.
Diesel Dave - Brisket and a side
Theboz1419 - ABTs
wanthon58 - craft beer, liquor, maybe food item
Thermal Mass - Pizza stuff, breakfast stuff
grabnabber - eggs, cheese and some veggies for breakfast/brunch
T&S BBQ - fruit pies
Neotrout - pizzas

What did I miss?

Who else is bringing stuff?[/QUOTE]

While I'm at it here's a close up of the location. The Google map link is a little off. The woods are on Archer Ave (IL Rt 171) between Rt 83 (on the west) and 95th St. (to the east).

RedGateMap_zps6e3af6db.jpg

So I see Ron is doing fatties.....................TD practice? or to get the upper hand on us and make us feel inferior to the Pickle that likes his fatty nekkid :noidea:

I'm gonna bring a pan or 2 worth of pork burnt ends to throw in Dave's lang. I will bring some misc other goodies and booze as well. I don't think I need to bring my UDS, sounds like we got plenty of smoker space.

Updated list...

Equipment
Diesel Dave - Lang
Neotrout - OTG and a WSM

Food
Me - Pizzas and Bloody Captains. Probably a couple of naked fatties for snacks.
Diesel Dave - Brisket and a side
Theboz1419 - ABTs
wanthon58 - craft beer, liquor, maybe food item
Thermal Mass - Pizza stuff, breakfast stuff
grabnabber - eggs, cheese and some veggies for breakfast/brunch
T&S BBQ - fruit pies
Neotrout - pizzas
Shagdog - Pork Burnt Ends, maybe other stuff

What did I miss?

Who else is bringing stuff?

Brian (Jack Daniels) and Josh, a FB friend who isn't very active on here, said they would be bringing their dough and sauce so we can compare.
My dough is pretty run of the mill to be honest, but I'll definitely bring the sauce. I can also bring a variety of toppings as well; we can coordinate on that offline online if you like to avoid much duplication.

Equipment
Diesel Dave - Lang
Neotrout - OTG and a WSM
Lots of cookers coming already; I can bring along a 40lb bag of lump to help with the cause as well.

We can bring some slaw and some lower Alabama caviar (a kind of bean salad) can break some burnt ends out of the freezer too?

Im probably wont be able to bring my UDS, as I will be driving a Civic, lol. But, will bring ABT's That I will either smoke the day before or if I can rent some space on a smoker, donating a bag of lump.

We can bring some slaw and some lower Alabama caviar (a kind of bean salad) can break some burnt ends out of the freezer too?

If you're like is, you probably have way too much BBQ in the freezer, so if you feel like bringing burnt ends, go for it! Slaw and the caviar sound good! I've had a salad called cowboy caviar before that was great!

Back