Stolen Spicewine in Indiana

Look. I'm not wanting anyone to get in trouble, but I do want the BBQ community to know about this guy and give him the Stink Eye if they ever see him. His own Bad Karma will be his down fall. If enough people know about this, maybe he will be shamed into contacting me.

How about printing up a one pager with the facts of the case, and then have someone walk around a contest that the dude is at and hand one out to everyone there, even the public. Shame into doing the right thing.

put up a billboard in his home town telling everyone not to take checks from this guy.

What a douche bag

Mod Note: Folks here is the deal...Jay has laid out the info. Commentary is fine, as long as there is no talk of violence or any other illegal activity. Additionally, any post containing personal information about the alleged thief will be deleted immediately!

Personally, I think the guy is a worthless piece of crap. Personally, if I had enough info I'd be more than happy to track the guy down and have some friends recover the stolen property. That being said, I'm not willing to take a chance on making some innocent guy with the same or similar name go through hell if he has done nothing wrong.

I'm not positive about the legalitys in any particular state, but I believe that if you are a recognized agent of Spicewine Metal Works you might have authority to reposess said cooker with proper ID (serial No.). With or without meat.....
I would check it out pre-repossesion.
Ed
P.S. Wouldn't that be priceless seeing his cooker full of meat being loaded on a trailer in the middle of a contest under the watchful eye of the local Sherriffs deputy.

WAYYYY BELOW WORTHLESS:mad::mad::mad:.I'll keep an eye out down here!If I see him,do you want the WHOLE carcass or just the head???!!!:boxing:

dude do you really want to start going through law books? you cant go anywhere and repo anything. I dont know where you live but around here the sheriff would laugh at you. imagine that " hello sheriff i need you to come with me to repo a smoker" dont post nothing for keyboard tough guys to respond to. you got 3 options. 1- take care of it by taking whats yours. 2. call the cops 3. suck it up and take the losses and never let a smoker leave until the check has cleared. im self employed and its happened to me. i always went with number 1. until that got me in trouble. now i roll with #3

I would think KCBS might be able to help i.e. barring him from contests until the matter is fixed.. Not that I would know but I think that's worth checking out..

Being in the recovery business here is my thought on the situation.
1. What he did is grand theft, if you press charges on him they will make him come back to you to go to court.
2. You have no right to the smoker back unless you take it back as settlement in full since it was not collateral on a loan.
3. Your best bet in this situation is to go down to the PD and press charges, the police will have no choice but to arrest him for this.
4. Taking matters in your own hands in this situation is really no better than what he did. You know the old saying two wrongs don't make a right.
5. Anyone who decides to take the smoker into their possession from the guy in possession will also be in the same boat...... STEALING.
6. Go to the PD that is your only real chance. I would take the smoker back as full settlement, and suck it up as a loss and re sell it used. Good Luck Spice, you are a good guy who doesn't deserve this but it happens.

Matt

I second that Matt. Sorry you had to go and have a bad experience Spice! I know it's 'cause I'm starting small and all but I take at least 50% but more often 75% down on a large build before I even strike the torch on anything. I'm positive it doesnt get any easier on you when you hit the big time like you boys!

Goodluck on getting some sort of legal restitution.

I would think KCBS might be able to help i.e. barring him from contests until the matter is fixed.. Not that I would know but I think that's worth checking out..
That wouldnt work. the kcbs has nothing to do with smoker sales. As much as people would like to believe the kcbs would have some pull like that, they dont. they are not the cops, just a group who runs contests. they have their hands full with pork rules can you imagine if they had to start elections for deputy sheriff. if they do id like to nominate myself for that job. I could see it already, anyone that owns a medium spicewine watch your back at contests. some drunk with blurry vision is gonna beat the crap outta ya in a case of mistaken identity.

dude do you really want to start going through law books? you cant go anywhere and repo anything. I dont know where you live but around here the sheriff would laugh at you. imagine that " hello sheriff i need you to come with me to repo a smoker" dont post nothing for keyboard tough guys to respond to. you got 3 options. 1- take care of it by taking whats yours. 2. call the cops 3. suck it up and take the losses and never let a smoker leave until the check has cleared. im self employed and its happened to me. i always went with number 1. until that got me in trouble. now i roll with #3
Jeesh after reading what I posted the other night (obviously anebriated (sp)) I'm embarrased.:redface: Didn't mean to try to sound like a tough guy. But was half pi$$ed at this dude & was thinking of calling a guy that did some "colections" for me & another business aquaintence years ago. Just remember the old saying What comes around goes around.

Ah, just post the bounced check here, years ago there a small sporting goods store here on LI that had a couple under plexiglas right near the register.
Obviously the guy has no guilt, let's see if shame is a quality he possesses. ( BTW, you'll probably never get paid if you follow my advice:doh:)

Jeesh after reading what I posted the other night (after too much vodka) I'm embarassed.:redface: Didn't mean to sound like a tough guy. I was pi$$ed at the dude & was thinking of calling a guy that did some "collections" for me and another business aquaintence a few years back. What goes around comes around. He'll get his

That wouldnt work. the kcbs has nothing to do with smoker sales. As much as people would like to believe the kcbs would have some pull like that, they dont. they are not the cops, just a group who runs contests. they have their hands full with pork rules can you imagine if they had to start elections for deputy sheriff. if they do id like to nominate myself for that job. I could see it already, anyone that owns a medium spicewine watch your back at contests. some drunk with blurry vision is gonna beat the crap outta ya in a case of mistaken identity.

I know they are not the cops:mod:. But they can stop people from being associated with them. I'm sure they have a way of removing people from competing for unethical behavior like cheating getting caught with drugs at a contest ect. figured they might like to be alerted to the fact that he was using stolen equipment. But your probably right they do already have their hands full or wouldn't consider it there problem.

Jeesh after reading what I posted the other night (after too much vodka) I'm embarassed.:redface: Didn't mean to sound like a tough guy. I was pi$$ed at the dude & was thinking of calling a guy that did some "collections" for me and another business aquaintence a few years back. What goes around comes around. He'll get his
nothing wrong with too much vodka! it frustrating that this guy did this and no apologies are needed from you to anyone. your right hell get his. its a police matter so that means nothing will be done.

All I rally ever wanted was to make enough folk aware of this guy, that if they ever came in contact with him, could make him feel like the Heal that he is. I am not going to throw my resources after a dead beat that would probably end up playing the system anyway and costing me more than it is worth.

Thanks for all the great support from you Good Folks!!

Spice

This really sucks the big one, Spice. Not only is the guy a heal but it sucks to learn that our system is so flawed where some heal can, in effect, legally steal. Once again, our elected layers in charge of our laws have farked the average Joe assuring that their pockets get greased first.

I'm sure he doesn't care what we think of him. He's probably done this before and knows he can get away with it. It's a chance he's willing to take.

I'm a believer in karma too. He'll get his in the end. What comes around, goes around.

How about printing up a one pager with the facts of the case, and then have someone walk around a contest that the dude is at and hand one out to everyone there, even the public. Shame into doing the right thing.
The Fair Credit Act prohibits a vendor from publicly disclosing information on a bad check. I would be somewhat discreet here.

Back