Stolen Spicewine in Indiana

That's just it. When 2 differnt States are involved, the autorities say it's each others problem. ( Don't want to do the paper work Mod. ) I would end up paying more in Lawyer and recovery fees than the cooker is worth. Now a cooker does not leave the parking lot untill it is paid in full.

Spice,
If your serious about wanting some help in one way or another I think you need to post every bit of info about this you can gather.
Names,adresses from the check, descriptions of the guy and his vehicle, anything that might help in locating your property. Your are a victim of theft, do not let it slide.
If somebody sees this guy call the local police and insist he be charged and the property returned.
And just remeber this if you take that smoker you sre stealing from him according to the law.
Ed

That's BULLCHIT!!! I wish I lived out that way! I'd go hunting for the bastard! And Ed, if I found it, I wouldn't be too concerned about the supposed stealing. No prosecutor in the country would take that case as long as it was being delivered back to the owner!

If any of you find the cooker, you can have it. I would rather give it to an honest Brother than have it stay with a thief. Oh and don't forget the Atomic Wedgie!!

Thats worth the drive.

Bubba - Do you want to go hunting? :heh:

Edit: Was he a big dude about 6'2"? Talk about pit bulls? I am doing a little preliminary work.

that deserves a southern beat down.....wish i lived closer.. i know some people that would do do some things for a 12 pack :tape::cool::twisted:

This is farkin ridiculous! Just pisses meoff when thieves get to hide behind red tape when it deals with checks. They should be outlawed. Look in yourlocal newspaper blotter and see how many people get goods or services with a bad check. Don't talk about convenience, either. They make VISA Debit cards. They are much easier to deal with. I am with you, Jay. NO CHECKS!!

A wedgie might not be enough, a nice jab to throat is what I'm think about. Thieving dirtbag! Good luck!

Stolen smoker

Spice, did you say he lives in Kokomo, IN? I only live about thirty minutes from there and go through there quite often...

Not sure, but since it's business across state lines, wouldn't it be a federal issue? Hope you get the cash or smoker back Jay.

It's been 8 hrs. (WHERE'S HE LIVE!) If you really want something done let me know?? If you want your smoker back or the $ let me know?..............It'll happen. Notice no cutsie icons involved. Pisses me off!!

Last edited:
Being self employed myself nothing, and I mean nothing gripes my arse more than people trying to stiff me for the money or even taking their good time in paying after I bust my butt to get the job done. Get your money. Just do it right so you don't end up in trouble.

Thats worth the drive.

Bubba - Do you want to go hunting? :heh:

Edit: Was he a big dude about 6'2"? Talk about pit bulls? I am doing a little preliminary work.

I'll go with you Rich.........I need some excitement!

If any of you find the cooker, you can have it. I would rather give it to an honest Brother than have it stay with a thief. Oh and don't forget the Atomic Wedgie!!

Will be doing or going to 5 contests in southern IN this summer will keep an eye out. That large will look real good next to the small one and old dudes HEAD.:rip:

Although this is a situation involving a friend and our passion for the hobby, and one that we all have storng feelings about, I would caution against anyone making statements here indicating a willingness to do harm, bodily or otherwise, to a specific individual, lest you become a suspect should something actually happen to said individual.

With any luck he'll show up at Shannon... Could prove to be an interesting weekend....

BTW, you said he competes... Could you give us a hint as to the team name?

If he is any good at cooking, It would be funny to get the KCBS involved and at the awards have him hear he got DQ,d for cooking on a stolen smoker. That would be priceless and a great way to define Karma.

Dan

Look. I'm not wanting anyone to get in trouble, but I do want the BBQ community to know about this guy and give him the Stink Eye if they ever see him. His own Bad Karma will be his down fall. If enough people know about this, maybe he will be shamed into contacting me.

Back