State favorite food list

If you insist on giving BBQ to one of the later, much later places where it was taken, then you must give us ... Frogmore Stew.
Love me some Frogmore Stew!

Well I guess it will take a Mainer to get over the lobstah hurdle that everyone is stuck on. Maine is the largest wild blueberry producer in North America.
That reminds me!

Wisconsin: Nations leading producer of cranberries and one of the top producing pea and potatoe states.

Official State meal of Oklahoma:

MEAL: fried okra, squash, cornbread, barbecue pork, biscuits, sausage and gravy, grits, corn, strawberries, chicken fried steak, pecan pie, and black-eyed peas.

Unfortunately due to your government banning me from entering your country I cannot add any of the cuisine or mention any region of that country or even the country name itself.

Not my country, just living in self-imposed exile until things settle down. Somebody please send me some RoTel tomatoes. lol.

I'll speak on behalf of my South Dakota born wife...

Kuchen, Knoephla, (pronounced nefla) Cheese Buttons, and Tiger Meat.

Chris

I must agree with Hugh about BBQ for South Carolina. But realize that for us BBQ is made from pork. Someone from Oregon listed boiled peanuts for S. C. which I also agree with as well as Hugh's listing for Frogmore Stew. That is about as good as it gets. In my part of the state I would also have to include a crab crack even though that is an occasion.

For South Carolina, I agree Frogmore Stew(or Low Country Boil), fried green tomatoes, and she crab soup. :-D

Back