THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THATGUY

I joined the Octoforks club recently. I got sucked in by the special holiday pricing, but so far I am very happy with them. I wanted to do a trial run before cooking our X-Mas Rib Roast on the rotisserie, so my wife picked up a little tri-tip roast. It came out better than I had expected. I did a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder on the roast, brought the coals up to ~400 degrees, threw some oak chips on the coals, then spun the meat for about 35 minutes. I probably could have pulled it at 30 minutes, but my thermometer was being screwy, so it ended up being closer to medium than medium rare like I like. Just in case anyone is curious about them I did a short video. I think I am going to do a whole blog post on the trip tip meal, it was that good. I look forward to doing more experimenting. Hit me up if you have any questions.

[ame]https://youtu.be/K2TItCE6dkE[/ame]

Looks great. I definitely will be getting a set. I'll probably wait for May for my b-day. Not sure I can hold out that long though. Looks to be great to roti.

I like that each side is strong enough to hold meat on its own. I might try to do some ribs, with half a rack on each side. I have never rotisseried ribs before.

Back