THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bully Beans

Official Crockpot Entry

Had this brisket I had cooked on the Cajun Bandit Sunday.

brisket_zps81ced834.jpg

Separated the flat...

flat_zps87e65967.jpg

Had these veggies and soaked pinto beans - two colors (Plus two cans of diced tomatoes)...

veggies_zps0d7978dc.jpg

flat_zps55d29abf.jpg

Cubed up half the flat, about 2 1/2 ~ 3 lbs...

flat1_zpsb4ba559e.jpg

Added it to the...

crock_zps3e1131eb.jpg

flatinbeans_zpsca760f01.jpg

Let it go for 10 hours, high for a few, then medium...

bullybeans_zps3c83262d.jpg

And cooked a little white/wild rice packet (Vigo brand)...

rice_zps240e3936.jpg

And made a bowl or three...

bowl_zps33c1b0ff.jpg

bowl1_zps662ec524.jpg

Had some High Whyon rolls with butter to boot. It was pretty darn good. I had used the reserve pan juices from Sunday, about 2 cups after skimming off the fat, and had to make my own Cajun Seasoning since I was out, but had the ingredients in the pantry and just looked up a recipe online.

This was pretty farking good. The smoke flavor from the brisket, and the extra heat from the jalapenos, seeds, pith and all, were really nice complimentary tastes with the beans and rice.

Guerre,
That looks awesome!!
I just cooked a brisket as well and I saved the flat to put in the crockpot to see if it would help break it down more. That part is always a tougher part of the brisket for me. How was it for you? Before and after crockpot?

Back