THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOHOOOO!!!! Fisrt entry is in!!!!:clap2:

Man, that sammie makes me HONGRY!!! Lookin good twinsfan!
I have yet to try a large beef roast on the smoker......I'm not sure why though. The smoke HAS to compliment the beefiness!!!

Lookin good Yo!

It was pretty darn good. If I was you, I'd make sure to get S & P on it the second you buy it and ignore it for a day or two... skip complicated rubs, rub in salt and cover with pepper, smoke with any non-fruity wood, and it'll taste great!

Ok, just to clarify, I have entered the Spam-off already. I also just submitted to the wing TD. Now, it just so happens that I happened to have a couple chuckies on hand that I am cooking tomorrow. If all goes to plan they might just end up in the Chuckie TD. So, that would be 3 entries before I got around to submitting anything to this one. Currently I do not plan to submit anything from the three aforementioned TD's in this one as I wanted to do something different. Will I still qualify as an FNG-AmaVirRookie n00b?

Ok, just to clarify, I have entered the Spam-off already. I also just submitted to the wing TD. Now, it just so happens that I happened to have a couple chuckies on hand that I am cooking tomorrow. If all goes to plan they might just end up in the Chuckie TD. So, that would be 3 entries before I got around to submitting anything to this one. Currently I do not plan to submit anything from the three aforementioned TD's in this one as I wanted to do something different. Will I still qualify as an FNG-AmaVirRookie n00b?
Yes, currently you have only entered two Throwdowns. To enter the FNG-AmaVirRookieN00b Throwdown you must have participated in 3 Throwdowns or less.

If you enter the Chuck Master Cuts contest, you would still qualify as having only entered 2 Throwdowns, because the Master Cuts series is considered an entirely separate series of contests from the Throwdowns, having different rules, timelines, photo requirements, everything really.

In short, yes you can enter a Chuck, and even enter it in the FNG-AmaVirRookieN00b Throwdown or enter the Chuck and then enter something entirely different in the FNG-AmaVirRookieN00b Throwdown.:thumb:

My first throwdown!

I smoked my first "overnight" Boston Butt on my Brethern inspired UDS...

So my entry is: a BBQ breakfast dish featuring a foundation of rich cheese grits, made with aged sharp white chedder, a fried egg, sprinkled with my dry rub to give it a little heat, and the sweet hickory-smoked pork served on the side. Oh yeah, that's a fresh buttermilk biscuit with home-made strawberry jelly, on top of it all....... Yumm!
007.jpg
My wife said, "Yeah!! BBQ for breakfast!" Her bowl actually looked better, but I know not to try to take it back for a photo, after she knows it hers!!!!

Sat night at the Czerviks

Here is my first shot a TD... Decided to try to go semi healthy so I'd get sign off from Mrs. Czervik and our daughter. :crazy:

First up is for sacrifice are yellow squash, zucc, sweet onion, roma toms and yukon gold spuds. The Red Hook ESB and Cab are on hand to help wash it all down should things go sideways. :heh:
scaled.php

Here are the veggies minus the onion and spuds skewered up...:thumb:
080611skewerveg.jpg

For protein, we are going with shrimp, fresh ahi and a salmon fillet (for the daughter). :clap2:
080611rawseafood.jpg

I was having Polaroid issues and the prep pics of the skewered shrimp, sliced onion and Hassleback spuds didn't work out.:doh: Here however is the aftermath before taking it in for consumption. :becky:
080811outsidepic.jpg

Plated up and ready for immediate termination. :hungry:
080811insidepic.jpg

The glaze on the ahi is a homemade terriaki sauce, and while the ahi does look more like a steak than tuna, it was tender and juicy. :bow:

All in all it was very tasty and I got two thumbs way up from Mrs. Czervik. Our daughter was pretty neutral, but I've grown to expect that from a 17 year old girl. :tsk:

Thanks for looking!

First shot really?!?! I could swear I have seen other TD entries from you. Regardless, that looks absolutely scrumptios (sp). I really need to do more kabobs.

BTW, pretty sure Spam is gonna win this one...

first entry

Back some time in May I decided I would try a stab at curing a ham. I started with 3 pork cushions, these are about 2 pound pieces of shoulder meat I think. I used Morton's sugar cure and the full cure.

Yesterday I smoked them with apple and cherry to 165* internal.
6018359489_983565dd1b_z.jpg

sliced the little porkers.
6018911378_dd0a50267c_z.jpg

Has good flavor and the wife likes it also, it's just a tad too salty for me :sad: but will be good in other dishes.

This morning, fried some taters and onions
6018915544_62a649308d_z.jpg

warmed up a few slices
6018368793_897d145c53_z.jpg

fried some clucks
6018922852_0278a59b09_z.jpg

and breakfast
6018375305_dbe6b5f6de_z.jpg

Found some Top Round in the freezer

1st ever Throwdown Entry
Top Round that my wife split in two when she packaged it for the freezer. Injected with a mix of beef broth, butter, garlic powder, onion powder and ground black pepper. Rubbed with salt, pepper, ground oregano, Mediterranean Basil.

IMG_2315.JPG

Popped it in my grill with indirect heat at 225º. Foiled the roasts at 110º along with a cup of the injection broth. Pulled the small roast at 130º, wrapped it in towels. Let the larger one go to 140º (my wife likes it medium).

IMG_2316.JPG

Sliced it as thin as possible, slapped some MittleScharfer Senf (a good tasting German mustard) on some multi-grain bread and went to town! Plain, simple and farkin' DELICIOUS!!

IMG_2317.JPG

Of course, the leftovers won't go to waste. :eek:)

IMG_2318.JPG

I think photo #3 should be for judging.

Back