SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noobians vs. Veterans" Throwdown!!!

Official anti-farkanaut td entry!!!!!

"ATTENTION ON THE DECKS! ALL HANDS STAND BY FOR EVASIVE MANEUVERS"

"Chief! We have the munitions you requested are ready for deployment."

"Very well, Minion. Having to dodge all the detritus the farkanauts are throwing around is annoying. Lob this little torpedo at them while the main battery is prepped and loaded"

Pulled pork fattie:

main.php

main.php

VOTING PIC
main.php

Official entry!!

"ATTENTION ON DECK, ALL HANDS STAND CLEAR OF MAIN BATTERY DURING FIRING RUN"

"Chief! The main battery is loaded and ready to fire! What are your orders?"

"Minion, my orders are to target the SS Farkanaut and hit them while they think we are beaten. This smoked chicken pie should do some hefty damage.

FIRE!!!!"

Chicken getting loaded with Trader Joe's 21 Seasoning Salute

main.php

Skin replaced and doused with S & P

main.php

Out of the mini WSM

main.php

Pulled apart for incorporation into the warhead

main.php

Warhead ingredients ready to go.

main.php

Shrooms sauteeing in a CI skillet

main.php

Chicken and a bit of flour added

main.php

Half & half and chicken broth added

main.php

Cooking the munition to the proper consistency

main.php

Munitions loaded into warhead

main.php

Into the firing tube..

main.php

Weapon away!!

main.php

MONEY SHOT!

main.php

"ALL HANDS, FIRING RUN COMPLETE. STAND BY TO RESCUE SURVIVORS (if there are any)"

THAT IS ALL

Last edited:
Tenacious bunch these Noobians. I must give them credit for not wavering and putting up a a scrap worthy of admiration and honor.

But I sense they are running short on supplies and mustard...err...muster. We must hit them with all we have!

We shall fight on the smokers, we shall fight on the kettle grills, we shall fight in the eggs and in the drums, we shall fight in any cooker, we shall never surrender.

We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us the result of many, many long months of struggle and of deluciousness. You ask, where is the farking vote thread? I will say: It is not yet time, for now we are to wage war, by pork, beef and chicken, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a Noobian uprising, never surpassed in the tasty and scrumptious catalogue of Throwdowns. That is our focus now. You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory; victory at all costs, victory in spite of all SPAM brownies, victory, however yummy and smokey the food may be; for without victory, there is no certificate. Let that be realized; no certificate for the Veteran Fleet, no cookies for the Veteran Fleet, no chance for the Rizzardi Cup, yada, yada and so forth. But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among farkanauts. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that if the S.S. Farkanaut and its bad breath last for a thousand years, men will still say, 'This was their finest Throwdown!'

Official Throwdown entry

There is a rumor going around that the Noobians were ready to surrender and the treaty was to be signed on the deck of the mighty warship Farkenaught. I have not heard anything official from our fearless feeders so I have no choice but to continue carrying out my mission.
Stuffed Pork Chops:

These are the ingredients I used for the stuffing.
pron13001.jpg

Which came out resembling this.
pron13002.jpg

After adding breadcrumbs the stuffing was placed inside of these.

pron13003.jpg

Stuffed chops ready for the weber.
pron13005.jpg

I wanted to make a glaze. Not sure how but this ended up more like an applesauce. The flavor was really good and I can't complain. It's still not exactly what I wanted. Here are the ingredients. Not shown in the pic is the Captain Morgan that was used as the liquid.
pron13004.jpg

The more i simmered it the thicker it got. Anybody have any glaze tutorials? Still really good though.
pron13006.jpg

Prepped up some poblanos using cream cheese, sharp cheddar, and some leftover fatty from breakfast.
pron13007.jpg

Used the leftover chicken broth instead of water for the sticky rice. This is very flavorable.
pron13014.jpg

The set up.
pron13009.jpg

At the turning point.
pron13012.jpg

Topped and in finish stage.
pron13016.jpg

At rest.
pron13019.jpg

Money shot. Overall this was a really good meal. I did not mention the pears anywhere in this pictoral because they were unedible. I guess they were just entirely to raw.
pron13024.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Is tarhog a noobian or a veteran? And for that matter, which side am I on? Is there more than one side?

I want to be on tarhogs team.

Hey pwa, when we sink your ship, give me a shout-out. I'll toss you a life jacket. Since we are both citizens of Steelers Nation, I can't let you drown.

CD :becky:

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Hey, tarhog, love that meal you made. There's something about the flavours of pork and apricot together that I find very appealing -- in addition to the other terrific ingredients you used. I'm not a glaze person so haven't made many but I have canned jams and jellies. Fruit pulp is the main difference between jam and jelly -- possibly the difference between your applesauce and glaze, too. Some cheese cloth would be able to separate the juices from the pulp.

Official Entry-good ol' NC BBQ

The Noobian ship is listing to starboard, so I stuffed some NC BBQ, bent nails, glass shards, fishing sinkers, gravel, pieces of baling wire, and fencing staples in the forward gun and fired it at the old farkers.

Rubbed up a 10# butt and threw it on the smoker yesterday morning, cooked it at 250# until it was crusty on the outside and jiggly like jello......

butt1.jpg

Made up some coleslaw, homemade fries, NC vinegar-based sauce, and hushpuppies (USE THIS PIC)....

butt2.jpg

..and some homemade fried apple pies for dessert...

friedpies.jpg

Is that a waterline leak I hear in the Farkanaut? What's all the smoke, flames, hollering and running around over there?

And just what pray tell is in all them mason jars under that table? You have some splainin to do.

Back