SPECIAL - BBQ Brethren "Noob & Lesser BBQ Folk" Throwdown!!!

More great entries:

ONE THING FOR THE NOOBS POSTING ENTRIES: make sure you type you are entering the TD in the "TITLE" space just above the "message" space where you type your message and post your pics -- there was at least one noob that didn't do that, sorry, didn't write down/don't remember who -- it's important for Bigabyte to see at a glance who is entering, to save having to read each post again when he's compiling the voting thread, he's a busy guy and needs our help -- always check to make sure your post clearly indicates which pic is to be used for voting otherwise Bigabyte will decide for you and that may not be the pic you intended. If you didn't type you are entering the TD in the title of your post, just quote your own post and type it in the new title space that comes up -- if you don't see the title space click on the "go advanced" button on the bottom and it will create a new dialogue box with one.

Thanks Kathy, I was the offending noob.

Official entry in TD

Hope this helps. Sorry, after all I am a newb.
This is my official entry. Hope I don't screw this up being such a newb.
This is a grilled pork chop topped with grilled fruit salsa sitting on a bed of quinoa with brown rice. To the side is some grilled asparagus, along with a honey mustard sauce. Enjoy.
DSC_0767.jpg

entry

Haw about a pastrami sandwich
7673553254_ee8bf9822a_z.jpg

I took a brisket packer injected with mortons tender quick solution then brined for several days in tinder quick solution with honey and pickling spices added.

I had to cut it in half to get it into a container to pickle
7673429498_b828074d56_z.jpg

7673430236_60aa7ae2cb_z.jpg

the above pictures were after soaking in several changes of waterto remove excess salt.

then smoked with apple and cherry until probe tender.
7673435516_23b0458386_z.jpg

it was refrigerated over night then sliced for the sandwich.

Mr. Moderator, Please accept this post as my official entry into the in "Noob & Lesser BBQ Folk" Throwdown!!!

100_0247.jpg

Starting with salsa; avocado, onion, cilantro, bell pepper, jalapeño, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper
100_0201.jpg

Ingredients include; chicken chopped, flat iron steak, peppers, onions, mushrooms, (Down East) shrimp, World Harbors Fajita marinade
100_0202.jpg

Corn with the husk rolled back dressed with Mayo and parmesan cheese
100_0209.jpg

My cooking device. Made from a farmers plow disc. Cooking Carolina style.
100_0206.jpg

Chicken is first. Oil with crisco as needed.
100_0217.jpg

Flat iron steak
100_0223.jpg

Rosted corn
100_0216.jpg

Veggies
100_0229.jpg

Shrimp
100_0236.jpg

Tortillas
100_0238.jpg

Hope I didn't Fark this up to bad. Enjoy and Thanks for the view.

New guy here, that's a great looking cook you did. Question, is your cooking plate called a "Disca"(sp)? I ask because I was looking at a cooking show recently and the chef on that show found a similar disc on an old piece of farm equipment and got someone to weld handles on it and sand it for him. I thought the chef called his a "Disca".

It's Official...

New guy here, that's a great looking cook you did. Question, is your cooking plate called a "Disca"(sp)? I ask because I was looking at a cooking show recently and the chef on that show found a similar disc on an old piece of farm equipment and got someone to weld handles on it and sand it for him. I thought the chef called his a "Disca".

I have no knowledge of the proper/formal name. So, it’s Official “Disca” it shall be called.

Thanks!

Back