***SPECIAL*** 2011 BBQ Brethren "Burger" Throwdown!!!

I doubt Ecode can enter since there is probably a chronic shortage of ground beef in Cloverly, MD right now.

So I'm talking with Mrs. Q about my throwdown entry, generally to see if she wants burgers for dinner. After I tell her about some of the entries we've had so far, she pops off "are you going to mold your burger into a sheep? Where does she come up with this stuff?! :crazy:

So I'm talking with Mrs. Q about my throwdown entry, generally to see if she wants burgers for dinner. After I tell her about some of the entries we've had so far, she pops off "are you going to mold your burger into a sheep? Where does she come up with this stuff?! :crazy:

Mold a burger into a sheep? Is she completely out of her mind? What kind of crazy idea is that. :tsk:

Gore you still have several more days to enter stuff are you tired of burgers yet?

It's impossible to get tired of burgers. There're too many ways to make them. Might have to make another run for some ground beef though. In the meantime, here's a smoked salmon burger just for you:

IMG_7163.jpg

The Philly Cheesesteak Pie Iron Patty Melt

Once I finished off the Frito Pie burger, what was left of Mrs. Q's burger, the two sliders for Q4 and a half a bottle of Rolaids, I was still a little peckish.

I hammered out of a couple of steak cutlets I found in the fridge. Q4 took a lick on them too. Once done, I threw them on the grill, browned them and sliced thin.

Philly1.jpg

I grilled up another burger (not shown) then got out the Pie Iron. First, the bun.

Philly2.jpg

Then some grilled onions and bell peppers that happened to wander by.

Philly3.jpg

The burger (note, no racoons were harmed in the making of this burger).

Philly4.jpg

A little cheese and some chopped steak.

Philly5.jpg

A little more cheese and then the topper.

Philly6.jpg

Next, I applied approximately 425 psi of downward force to fullly compress and close the Pie Iron - here shown on the coals and emitting sizzles and juices.

Philly7.jpg

After a small but controllable release of energy, the Philly Cheesesteak Pie Iron Patty Melt was loosed from the pie iron and served here for your viewing pleasure.

Philly9.jpg

That one was the piece of resistence. What a lunch - I should play hookie from work more often!

Last edited:
Great looking food, Q. Please help me out though. I've looked at them each about 10 times and can't figure out which one is the sheep. :confused: Love the shots of Q4. I guess Q3 was in school.

Noticed that High-Q submitted multiple entries, so I figure it's ok for me to do so also. Note, however, that unlike Q's entries, this one has been treated with vote-repellent. It is a pure, unabashedly nekkid cheeseburger:

IMG_7131.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking food, Q. Please help me out though. I've looked at them each about 10 times and can't figure out which one is the sheep. :confused: Love the shots of Q4. I guess Q3 was in school.

Somewhere along the way, I lost my sheep. Q1-Q3 were in school today so only Q4 was home to help with burger fest. I need a nap.

I don`t know why I am entering this throwdown since Gore has this one wrapped up and I plan on voting on his squirl burger. I`ll probly get zeroed but here goes..........

First I thought I`d make some rather large Jucy Lucy`s to start
IMG_03691024x768.jpg

once they were made I made up some sausage patties each sausage pattie was 1/3 of a pound so you can tell how big the burger part is.
IMG_03711024x768.jpg

Then threw them on the webber

IMG_03721024x768.jpg

IMG_03731024x768.jpg

Then I topped the filled burger with more Cheddar and topped the sausage patties with 2 slices of Gouda and tossed an avacado on the grill.

IMG_03741024x768.jpg

IMG_03751024x768.jpg

Now the build..on the bottom bun I started with my western sauce some tomato slices and some avacado.

IMG_03761024x768.jpg

and then the cheese filled burger topped with more cheddar, grilled onions and bacon

IMG_03771024x768.jpg

then the sausage pattie topped with 2 slices of Gouda (please use the picture below for my entry)

IMG_03781024x768.jpg

IMG_03791024x768.jpg

I thought it would be a crime to serve a burger like this with anything but hand cut fries.
IMG_03801024x768.jpg

To bad there was no room for a dessert of Tolehouse pie

IMG_03531024x768.jpg

I still don`t think I have a chance against Gore

Last edited:
Back