THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I see these posts about long meat cooks for "xxhours til 135 degrees"...my question is how do you gauge the internal meat temp while in the bath?...:confused:

I see these posts about long meat cooks for "xxhours til 135 degrees"...my question is how do you gauge the internal meat temp while in the bath?...:confused:

You don't. It will never get hotter than the bath temp. If you want a med rare end temp, set the bath for 130 and that's where the meat will end up. The post aren't xxx hours til 135, they are xxx hours AT 135.

You don't. It will never get hotter than the bath temp. If you want a med rare end temp, set the bath for 130 and that's where the meat will end up. The post aren't xxx hours til 135, they are xxx hours AT 135.

thanks Ron....so the extended times are a "tenderizing/texture" variable I guess?

Finally today I got to use mine. I'm doing a brisket I got from an angus steer I had butchered. Going to go 24 hours at 145° and then finish on my egg. It's for my Grandson's birthday meal.... no pressure there!

Finally today I got to use mine. I'm doing a brisket I got from an angus steer I had butchered. Going to go 24 hours at 145° and then finish on my egg. It's for my Grandson's birthday meal.... no pressure there!

Can't wait for the results of your brisket. I'm sure it will be great.

Used my Anova One last week to do a 10 hour asian pork belly. Smoking the maple bacon from the other half of the belly. and tonight will be fried chicken and waffles using sous vide chicken breasts. Man I wished I saw the Anova One for 100 bucks, I would have picked up another one for sure.

Beef Tenderloin Steak

Here is today's Beef Tenderloin steaks. 129 for 2 hours, salt, garlic pepper and EVOO. Pan seared in EVOO, garlic, and butter afterwards.

Attachments

Tri Tip

I did a tri tip. Probably 138* for 3 hours. Then finished off on a hot grill. Probably the best one I have ever cooked. I will experiment with a long cook next time. Just getting started in the SV world myself.

try tri-tip at 132-135f for 24 hours with 1% salt/sugar/msg by weight; so if you have a 900g tri-tip use 9 grams of salt, 9 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of msg etc... rub it over the meat then vac and cook; finish with a sear

I just got mine last week. I have party stacker 'cooler' that pretty much sucks as a cooler, so I'm going to use it as my vessel. Should I put the Anova in a corner or along one of the sides (short or long side)?

I just got mine last week. I have party stacker 'cooler' that pretty much sucks as a cooler, so I'm going to use it as my vessel. Should I put the Anova in a corner or along one of the sides (short or long side)?

Hard to say. I'd put it in the corners, both sides and see how good the water circulates after adjusting the output of the water. Best circulation is the winner. Myself, I use whichever side circulates best with what I've got in the water bath.

I clamped mine in the corner, then checked the temp in various places with my thermapen. Read consistently the same temp throughout, so I just left it there and cut out the top to fit.

My setup.

Cambro Camware 12Qt Polycarbonate container with Camseal cover with cutout.

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Here is a Boneless Chuck Short rib plate cooked 48 hours at 132* and finished on the Genesis over Grill Grates.

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Chicken breast and Hanger steak finished on Grill Grates

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0998.jpg

Enjoy!

Back