Some Cold Smoking

Awesome! Thanks, Jeanie.

Gives me some ideas here........:-D

You're sure welcome John! You need to build one of these, they're handy to have! :grin:

Wow! Gorgeous food and pictures. Might be one of the most impressive things I've seen on this forum.

Very kind of you ulc!! Thanks so much!! :-D

Wow, very nice indeed.:clap:
Do you invite people for lunch?

Thank you Vicar! I do cook for friends! :grin:

Thank you Vicar! I do cook for friends! :grin:[/QUOTE]

How i envy them:-D
Its a shame i am across the pond, you do some lovely homemade cooking.

Thank you Vicar! I do cook for friends! :grin:

How i envy them:-D
Its a shame i am across the pond, you do some lovely homemade cooking.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!
If you're ever out this way, let me know! You'd be welcome at my table or campfire. :grin:

Holy smokes that's awesome Jeanie!!!

Quick question, I read somewhere that the smoke flavor in butter dissipates if you cook with it (vs. spreading it on toast etc) - is that accurate or do you still get the smoke profile when cooking with it?

Thanks

Many thanks for the offer Jeanie, might just hold you up to it.
Keep up the good work, your home cooking and prep skills are very impressive:hail:.

I'd love to build a smokehouse like that but my only concern would be how to keep the critters out!

It comes in handy! The critters seem to avoid it.....they don't like the smoke or smell of smoke.

Holy smokes that's awesome Jeanie!!!

Quick question, I read somewhere that the smoke flavor in butter dissipates if you cook with it (vs. spreading it on toast etc) - is that accurate or do you still get the smoke profile when cooking with it?

Thanks
Thank you! I've not noticed it dissipating. Could depend on the wood used to smoke it.
I like to use smoked butter on sous vide steaks too..

017XgFf.jpg

JUALhrl.jpg

Your my idol Jeanie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing and teaching us your secrets!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the kind comment! :grin:

Many thanks for the offer Jeanie, might just hold you up to it.
Keep up the good work, your home cooking and prep skills are very impressive:hail:.

Thank you Vicar! You're very kind! :grin:

Man oh man!

I thought the first page of pix was awesome, but then you topped it with smoked butter on steak! :clap:

SOOOO many ideas I gotta pilfer here :wink: :thumb:

(Goes off to research how to cold smoke when it's 90 degrees out still....)

Man oh man!

I thought the first page of pix was awesome, but then you topped it with smoked butter on steak! :clap:

SOOOO many ideas I gotta pilfer here :wink: :thumb:

(Goes off to research how to cold smoke when it's 90 degrees out still....)

Thanks Pete! Good luck with it!

Back