Some Cold Smoking

Wow, I guess that justifies having an entire cold smoking shed! I was wondering what you would use all that for, so thank you for the pictures of the dishes.

Did you mix up the garlic and parsley? I had noticed that all of the garlic salt on the market seems to have parsley in it, and I've never understood why.
Thank you! I mixed some granulated garlic with dried parsley.. going to give it a try, see if I like it. :grin:

I love chocolate chips, especially dark. Snack on them to satisfy my sweet tooth. What do you do with them and what do they do to the flavor?
Thanks so much Lomey! I smoke milk chocolate but not the dark. It adds a nice mild smoke flavor. My favorite use is in hot chocolate. :grin:

90B3Mjc.jpg

nice work Jeanie that looks incredible
Thank you Tom!

Jeanie you are definitely an artist.

Very kind of you, thank you!!

Simply Amazing! Thanks for this post.

Thanks Mike!

No words, Jeanie - in a good way! That's a mind boggling assortment & I'd love to check all of it out. :hungry:

We don't get chilly enough here to do any serious cold smoking - well, we probably could do short term stuff, like a day, but I've been wanting to do a country ham, which requires many days and we don't have enough days that get cool enough to do that. :doh:

Most excellent to say the least!
Thanks so much Blue! Still enjoying the amazing goodies you sent! I won't let my friends touch the knife though... lol I love it!

Outstanding Spectacular

Thanks so much George!

That's amazing. I kept scrolling, getting more & more impressed as I went.
That soup looks incredible! I've always wanted to try making Ramen. This is a heck of a smokey twist!
Very impressive, and you've given me some great ideas.

Very kind of you, thank you!! I get a lot of use out of the smokehouse.. it's getting old but still puts out some good eats. :grin:

You're a busy lady.
Amazing, some of the things you smoke.

Thank you Colin! I appreciate it..

Talent. Pure talent!!!

Thanks so much Adams! :grin:

Last edited:
If I had not just seen that, I would not thought it possible!
Fantastic food and photos, thank you for posting.

Dang girl! By the way, I'm available for adoption.

I'd put you to work! lol Thanks! :grin:

No words, Jeanie - in a good way! That's a mind boggling assortment & I'd love to check all of it out. :hungry:

We don't get chilly enough here to do any serious cold smoking - well, we probably could do short term stuff, like a day, but I've been wanting to do a country ham, which requires many days and we don't have enough days that get cool enough to do that. :doh:

Thanks Greg! Too bad about no cold smoking! Shoot, it would be nice for you to be able to smoke some hams. Have you seen my tent ac? Maybe you could rig something like that up in a box to keep the smoke temperature low.
Just a thought. lol Thanks again Friend! :grin:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
If I had not just seen that, I would not thought it possible!
Fantastic food and photos, thank you for posting.

Thank you HogGrog! I cold smoke several items at a time...lasts me a few months! :grin:

Hmmm, smoked chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies, just thinking out loud. Fantastic as always Jeanie.

Hmmm, smoked chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies, just thinking out loud. Fantastic as always Jeanie.

Marty, that sounds delicious!
I've used them in sugar, bacon cookies, sprinkled with smoked turbinado sugar. I think you can't go wrong with smoked choco chips. :biggrin1:

I'd put you to work! lol Thanks! :grin:

Thanks Greg! Too bad about no cold smoking! Shoot, it would be nice for you to be able to smoke some hams. Have you seen my tent ac? Maybe you could rig something like that up in a box to keep the smoke temperature low.
Just a thought. lol Thanks again Friend! :grin:

I have seen your tent AC and that's a great idea! The only problemastic variable is the fact that I'm pretty dang lazy. :oops:

I have seen your tent AC and that's a great idea! The only problemastic variable is the fact that I'm pretty dang lazy. :oops:

lol I highly doubt that Greg!! I know you're a hard worker. Seems you work a lot of weekends too! I'll send some cool weather your way.. :biggrin1:

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Absolutely unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!

You never cease to tantalize and amaze.

Never.

Super looking smoked goodness !!!

Jeanie,

I see the pipe coming in, but how exactly are you bringing in the smoke - source?

Thanks John! I cut a barrel down to about 1/4 in size, added air intakes and a grate just above that for my wood. Then placed a control damper in the pipe leading to the smokehouse. The thing gets good draw when I open the chimney on top of the house all the way. I can control the heat/smoke from the barrel to the house by using the damper.
Here's more pics of it..

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2008/01/building-cold-smoker-smokehouse.html

I like to keep the smoke temperature under 85F for cold smoking.

Back