THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bscriver

Found some matches.
I started looking at my options for some temperature control for my UDS, and decide to skip the Party Q and just build my own out of a case fan, ammo box and Inkbird Itc-1000 controller I had left over from my brew controller build. Im planning on putting a 3/4 solenoid on my fan box output (a 3/4 black iron nipple), however i noticed on the temp controller and stoker fan builds around the net nobody else has done this.

Is there any reason why i wouldn't want the stoker fan output closed if the fan is not running? I had planned to place the stoker on one of my 3/4" vents that currently is capped, so that i can leave my one valve open just a touch to keep things moving when the fan isn't on. Thanks in advance

Is there any reason why i wouldn't want the stoker fan output closed if the fan is not running? I had planned to place the stoker on one of my 3/4" vents that currently is capped, so that i can leave my one valve open just a touch to keep things moving when the fan isn't on. Thanks in advance

If your fan is pushing 0%, then yeah you want the valve closed up. I don't know if you can input your own PID settings in that controller, but if your pit and controller are properly tuned then you don't need to keep a valve open "to keep things moving".

Back