THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OR's.............I love em, but can't make em for carp!! They just don't turn out well for me. Those look absolutely fantastic. I'm going to give those a try. Beautiful!!! Sexy pron as always!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Exactly what process did you follow for the dipping. Just into dry flour and then into the batter?

Thanks everybody! They were pretty tasty!

I was trying to get a lot of smoke to them in a short time so they wouldn't cook on the drum.
I'd like to try them again in my cold smoker for a longer amount of time.
They had a mild smoke flavor after frying. I liked them. The sauce had a kick to it.

Norco...you gotta try my codfish tacos, I might convert ya. lol I'm not a big fan of fishy tasting fish, so the cod works great for me. It also takes on the smoke well. :wink:

Willkat, the basket is from my smokehouse. I borrowed it for these rings. :biggrin: I also scrubbed the drum grill before using... it was covered with gunk from my jalapeno cornbread stuffed pork chops. lol

Mike, I used coors light in the batter...that's what I had handy. :biggrin:

Queen of Pron and Pron Queen...... lol that's funny!

Spammy, they had a mild smoke flavor. I'd like to try them again using something strong like mesquite. Might be good too.

Bob...thank you! I cover them with flour before dipping them into the batter. It makes the batter stick better.

Thanks again for the kind words folks! It was a pretty tasty supper.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Made these last night, minus the smoking, but added Spicewine's Gourmet Blend All Seasoning to the batter. I am now done buying buying onion rings!

Thank you Terry, Moose, Joneser, Tim and Kosmo's!
Tim, your version with the seasoning in the batter sounds great! I'll give that a try next time..thanks!

Kosmo's, I like the idea of battering jalapenos too. Thanks for the idea. :cool:

I did some pickled whole okra the other night...they were tasty. (not smoked...just battered and fried). :biggrin:

Back