Smoked Onion Rings

OR's.............I love em, but can't make em for carp!! They just don't turn out well for me. Those look absolutely fantastic. I'm going to give those a try. Beautiful!!! Sexy pron as always!!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Exactly what process did you follow for the dipping. Just into dry flour and then into the batter?

Thanks everybody! They were pretty tasty!

I was trying to get a lot of smoke to them in a short time so they wouldn't cook on the drum.
I'd like to try them again in my cold smoker for a longer amount of time.
They had a mild smoke flavor after frying. I liked them. The sauce had a kick to it.

Norco...you gotta try my codfish tacos, I might convert ya. lol I'm not a big fan of fishy tasting fish, so the cod works great for me. It also takes on the smoke well. :wink:

Willkat, the basket is from my smokehouse. I borrowed it for these rings. :biggrin: I also scrubbed the drum grill before using... it was covered with gunk from my jalapeno cornbread stuffed pork chops. lol

Mike, I used coors light in the batter...that's what I had handy. :biggrin:

Queen of Pron and Pron Queen...... lol that's funny!

Spammy, they had a mild smoke flavor. I'd like to try them again using something strong like mesquite. Might be good too.

Bob...thank you! I cover them with flour before dipping them into the batter. It makes the batter stick better.

Thanks again for the kind words folks! It was a pretty tasty supper.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Made these last night, minus the smoking, but added Spicewine's Gourmet Blend All Seasoning to the batter. I am now done buying buying onion rings!

Thank you Terry, Moose, Joneser, Tim and Kosmo's!
Tim, your version with the seasoning in the batter sounds great! I'll give that a try next time..thanks!

Kosmo's, I like the idea of battering jalapenos too. Thanks for the idea. :cool:

I did some pickled whole okra the other night...they were tasty. (not smoked...just battered and fried). :biggrin:

Back