THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Im gonna smoke a couple Chickens for Gumbo. To get the best flavor into the chicken. does anyone remove all the skin. I was gonna remove the skin rub with olive oil then season with Tony C's Cajun seasoning. Having 2nd thoughts on removing the skin as it could protect the meat.

I rarely if ever eat chicken skin, but do however always leave it on while smoking. I don't think you will have any trouble getting smoke into the birds, chicken soaks up smoke like a sponge, besides the skin will keep it from drying out. Just rub your spices all over the bird and under skin, you'll be good.

As mentioned, I rarely eat the skin aside from on wings. However, I do always liberally rub spices under it and leave it on for cooking.

Back