Skirt Steak Taco's

Try this for skirt steak tacos. I know it doesn't sound authentic or like it would be a taco marinade but trust me, its very simple and VERY delicious. People scarf these tacos down when I make them.

5 parts soy sauce
1 part red wine
1 part pineapple juice

Dip the steak in for 30 seconds to a minute and throw it on the grill. Do not marinade or leave in longer than a few minutes, it's strong and can overpower the meat.

Sounds good to me.

There were Japanese immigrants to Baja over 100 years ago, so soy sauce has been there just as long if not longer, there have also been good wineries in Baja for years, obviously pineapples have been there for years too. You're marinade is more "authentic" then most would realize.

In my area (NW Montana), skirt steak is only a summer item. Too bad for me.

try a simple lime and hot sauce marinade, 3-5 limes 1 Tbsp yer fave hot sauce, salt to taste lil bitta (3 Tbsp) olive oil and either water.... or tequila gives a nice flavor til it covers the meat, let it go 3-4 hours, also food city in tucson... well all over AZ has a great marinade that often times not many people know about.

but even with out a marinade, looks great terry!!!

try a simple lime and hot sauce marinade, 3-5 limes 1 Tbsp yer fave hot sauce, salt to taste lil bitta (3 Tbsp) olive oil and either water.... or tequila gives a nice flavor til it covers the meat, let it go 3-4 hours, also food city in tucson... well all over AZ has a great marinade that often times not many people know about.

but even with out a marinade, looks great terry!!!

Thanks Kevin, Yep Food City is good for some things. The stores up here are pretty trashy but I still go at times.

their pre prepaired carne asada cuts are FANTASTIC!!!! especially when ya get their marinade. for a friend's wedding, and birthday, and well almost every party we got tons of that stuff... cooked right over the fire and we ate more there at the grill than everyone did inside :)

Down here in Houston they sell skirt steak in vacuum sealed packages in marinade at Kroker and HEB labeled "Fajita Meat." I'm not sure what the solution is but it definitely smells like garlic and looks to have cilantro in it as well. FYI- It is cheap and really great stuff. They also package chicken this way. I've cooked both for parties and they are a big hit. The marinade is soo good, I don't even have to season it.

Back