THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There was supposed to be a picture here but it didn't work. :(
bVDw25

Last edited:
Not to argue over semantics, but that isn't a butt (upper shoulder) you cooked, it's a picnic (front leg). Just a terminology thing...it looks like it was fantastic!!!

As far as the gas...yes, you are very lucky!!! Especially considering gas gives off enough vapors to ignite at -45*. Things could have ended very badly...but I'm glad they didn't!!!

But take the above statement with a grain of salt as I once got into a heap of trouble because my cousin and I were playing "kick ball" with an old metal coffee can that we filled half way with gas and lit on fire before "playing"!!! Yes, we did some stupid, crazy s@!* back in the day that I'm amazed we lived through!!!

Glad all are alright. I too was looking for something in the distance. I was hoping for an alien or bigfoot. Maybe next time. :sad:

ha, I did that the other day, but with somethin way worse. I was burning out a couple drums for some new smokers. I was in the middle of burning one, and had the 2nd one sitting right next to it, only to remember it was a drum of medical grade 99% IPA, or Isopropal Alcohol! I grabbed it quick and drug it to the other side of the driveway.

On the plus side, I ended up spilling about a quart of the IPA on the driveway. Instead of cleaning it up, I just lit it on fire. Made a really cool blue flame all over my driveway before it burned out. Guess it's good working for a chemical manufacture!

Next time you're dumping IPA out in your driveway call me - I'll bring a mug :becky: !!

ha, I did that the other day, but with somethin way worse. I was burning out a couple drums for some new smokers. I was in the middle of burning one, and had the 2nd one sitting right next to it, only to remember it was a drum of medical grade 99% IPA, or Isopropal Alcohol! I grabbed it quick and drug it to the other side of the driveway.

On the plus side, I ended up spilling about a quart of the IPA on the driveway. Instead of cleaning it up, I just lit it on fire. Made a really cool blue flame all over my driveway before it burned out. Guess it's good working for a chemical manufacture!

I just re-read this.....OH! Isopropal Alcohol!
The first time through, I was thinkin' man that stuff didn't taste that bad.....India Pale Ale.....:becky::becky:

I'm gonna toss this fact out there since this thread has gone sideways.

That looks a lot closer to a picnic than a butt. Check the shape.

What about the BIGFOOT?

I see Bigfoot. His arm is showing under the right side of the arbor.

this will make ya think twice about walkin around at night

Is that a leg I see in that porch swing thingy under the gazebo thingy?

Glad all are alright. I too was looking for something in the distance. I was hoping for an alien or bigfoot. Maybe next time. :sad:

OK guys fess up .......

You were all at the same party with biggie and forgot your foil hats......HUH?

Hey goose killer....
Can I use that for my new avatar? :grin:

Thanks for stopping by....

That's been mentioned already...and a little sideways once in a while isn't so bad...is it??? We've sort stayed on topic. It may wandered off, but it get's walked back in from time to time.:heh:

Not to argue over semantics, but that isn't a butt (upper shoulder) you cooked, it's a picnic (front leg). Just a terminology thing...it looks like it was fantastic!!!

As far as the gas...yes, you are very lucky!!! Especially considering gas gives off enough vapors to ignite at -45*. Things could have ended very badly...but I'm glad they didn't!!!

But take the above statement with a grain of salt as I once got into a heap of trouble because my cousin and I were playing "kick ball" with an old metal coffee can that we filled half way with gas and lit on fire before "playing"!!! Yes, we did some stupid, crazy s@!* back in the day that I'm amazed we lived through!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh:
It was a test and you both get an.........A+
Shoulda called it a "hogleg" :shocked:

but I usually keep those in the safe.....

Hey Que.....

I did some REALLY crazy stuff back when I was "18 and bulletproof". Still I didn't learn, I drove a fuel tanker in San Francisco Bay area traffic.........8000 gallons at a time......:crazy: :loco:

Thanks for stopping by....

No worries, If it were up to me, all pulled pork would be made from picnics. Hard to explain why, but they have a sweeter and slightly more robust taste to me. Butts are more of a "meh" experience.

**edit** the wood pile comment was purely in just folks. We do like to have a little fun around here right?

Hey Guys 'n Gals
This has been a fun thread

My story could have had a VERY different ending......

By laffing :grin: at/with me and my STUPID! mistake, I hope that we have saved someone from a more serious tragedy.....

Always remember gasoline has NO place in BBQ and it makes the food taste funny.......:shocked:

Thanks to ALL for stopping by....

Back