Scary Butt Lesson

Next time you're dumping IPA out in your driveway call me - I'll bring a mug :becky: !!

I just re-read this.....OH! Isopropal Alcohol!
The first time through, I was thinkin' man that stuff didn't taste that bad.....India Pale Ale.....:becky::becky:

haha, no no, no beer, but drink some of this stuff and it'll put hair on your peaches far faster than anything that comes in a bottle!

good news is it comes in an unlined drum, and evaporates faster than just about any liquid I know, makes perfect burn barrels/UDS! Now if only they came with a removable to instead of a sealed on it'd make my life so much easier

Hey Guys 'n Gals
This has been a fun thread

My story could have had a VERY different ending......

By laffing :grin: at/with me and my STUPID! mistake, I hope that we have saved someone from a more serious tragedy.....

Always remember gasoline has NO place in BBQ and it makes the food taste funny.......:shocked:

Thanks to ALL for stopping by....

Also it's a good idea to have a fully charged fire extinguisher handy - fully charged and handy being key words here. Stuff does happen - there have been a couple threads here where things didn't end up very fun.

Hey Guys 'n Gals
This has been a fun thread

My story could have had a VERY different ending......

By laffing :grin: at/with me and my STUPID! mistake, I hope that we have saved someone from a more serious tragedy.....

Always remember gasoline has NO place in BBQ and it makes the food taste funny.......:shocked:

Thanks to ALL for stopping by....

What??? That's not the secret to your sauce???

No worries, If it were up to me, all pulled pork would be made from picnics. Hard to explain why, but they have a sweeter and slightly more robust taste to me. Butts are more of a "meh" experience.

**edit** the wood pile comment was purely in just folks. We do like to have a little fun around here right?

I think that it's kind of like hams. The "butt" end of a ham has a meatier taste to it that the "shank" end. Same with the difference between a boston butt and a picnic IMO. I still prefer to do whole shoulders and mix the meat for this reason.

Although, I think that both are versatile in their own way. I'm using a picnic right now to make into a "ham" because there are no fresh ones available at the moment, and I use boneless butts to make buckboard bacon and all kinds of mexican dishes out of.

Not to long ago while making my sons UDS. I have a piece of all thread locked down in my vice. My wife is outside cutting the grass. I start cutting the all thread with my right angle grinder and a cut off wheel when my phone rings. I put the grinder down and head for the quite of the house. While I'm gone the wife finishes the yard and starts putting all the stuff up including the 1 gallon gas can. When I return I grab the right angle grinder and go to work on the all thread throwing sparks like crazy When I just happen to look up and notice the 1 gallon gas jug sitiing right in the torent of sparks coming off the grinding wheel. I stop and called the wife outside and ask her if she had just paid the life insurance policy or something. With a weird look on her face I point to the gas can and explain what she just had done and she shrugs and goes back in the house... Hmmmm, I wonder?

Back