Scary Butt Lesson

There was supposed to be a picture here but it didn't work. :(
bVDw25

Last edited:
Not to argue over semantics, but that isn't a butt (upper shoulder) you cooked, it's a picnic (front leg). Just a terminology thing...it looks like it was fantastic!!!

As far as the gas...yes, you are very lucky!!! Especially considering gas gives off enough vapors to ignite at -45*. Things could have ended very badly...but I'm glad they didn't!!!

But take the above statement with a grain of salt as I once got into a heap of trouble because my cousin and I were playing "kick ball" with an old metal coffee can that we filled half way with gas and lit on fire before "playing"!!! Yes, we did some stupid, crazy s@!* back in the day that I'm amazed we lived through!!!

Glad all are alright. I too was looking for something in the distance. I was hoping for an alien or bigfoot. Maybe next time. :sad:

ha, I did that the other day, but with somethin way worse. I was burning out a couple drums for some new smokers. I was in the middle of burning one, and had the 2nd one sitting right next to it, only to remember it was a drum of medical grade 99% IPA, or Isopropal Alcohol! I grabbed it quick and drug it to the other side of the driveway.

On the plus side, I ended up spilling about a quart of the IPA on the driveway. Instead of cleaning it up, I just lit it on fire. Made a really cool blue flame all over my driveway before it burned out. Guess it's good working for a chemical manufacture!

Next time you're dumping IPA out in your driveway call me - I'll bring a mug :becky: !!

ha, I did that the other day, but with somethin way worse. I was burning out a couple drums for some new smokers. I was in the middle of burning one, and had the 2nd one sitting right next to it, only to remember it was a drum of medical grade 99% IPA, or Isopropal Alcohol! I grabbed it quick and drug it to the other side of the driveway.

On the plus side, I ended up spilling about a quart of the IPA on the driveway. Instead of cleaning it up, I just lit it on fire. Made a really cool blue flame all over my driveway before it burned out. Guess it's good working for a chemical manufacture!

I just re-read this.....OH! Isopropal Alcohol!
The first time through, I was thinkin' man that stuff didn't taste that bad.....India Pale Ale.....:becky::becky:

I'm gonna toss this fact out there since this thread has gone sideways.

That looks a lot closer to a picnic than a butt. Check the shape.

What about the BIGFOOT?

I see Bigfoot. His arm is showing under the right side of the arbor.

this will make ya think twice about walkin around at night

Is that a leg I see in that porch swing thingy under the gazebo thingy?

Glad all are alright. I too was looking for something in the distance. I was hoping for an alien or bigfoot. Maybe next time. :sad:

OK guys fess up .......

You were all at the same party with biggie and forgot your foil hats......HUH?

Hey goose killer....
Can I use that for my new avatar? :grin:

Thanks for stopping by....

That's been mentioned already...and a little sideways once in a while isn't so bad...is it??? We've sort stayed on topic. It may wandered off, but it get's walked back in from time to time.:heh:

Not to argue over semantics, but that isn't a butt (upper shoulder) you cooked, it's a picnic (front leg). Just a terminology thing...it looks like it was fantastic!!!

As far as the gas...yes, you are very lucky!!! Especially considering gas gives off enough vapors to ignite at -45*. Things could have ended very badly...but I'm glad they didn't!!!

But take the above statement with a grain of salt as I once got into a heap of trouble because my cousin and I were playing "kick ball" with an old metal coffee can that we filled half way with gas and lit on fire before "playing"!!! Yes, we did some stupid, crazy s@!* back in the day that I'm amazed we lived through!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh:
It was a test and you both get an.........A+
Shoulda called it a "hogleg" :shocked:

but I usually keep those in the safe.....

Hey Que.....

I did some REALLY crazy stuff back when I was "18 and bulletproof". Still I didn't learn, I drove a fuel tanker in San Francisco Bay area traffic.........8000 gallons at a time......:crazy: :loco:

Thanks for stopping by....

No worries, If it were up to me, all pulled pork would be made from picnics. Hard to explain why, but they have a sweeter and slightly more robust taste to me. Butts are more of a "meh" experience.

**edit** the wood pile comment was purely in just folks. We do like to have a little fun around here right?

Hey Guys 'n Gals
This has been a fun thread

My story could have had a VERY different ending......

By laffing :grin: at/with me and my STUPID! mistake, I hope that we have saved someone from a more serious tragedy.....

Always remember gasoline has NO place in BBQ and it makes the food taste funny.......:shocked:

Thanks to ALL for stopping by....

Back