Sausage stuffed peppers

hmmm ok sounds great an I am still droolin here LOL how long at what temp do I smoke em at. Remember folks I am the FNG here LOL

BlueIdTxan said:
hmmm ok sounds great an I am still droolin here LOL how long at what temp do I smoke em at. Remember folks I am the FNG here LOL

Blue,
Near the top of this page, click on the drop down menu for "quick links". Click on "Brethren Home page". Click on the "recipes" tab on the left side of that page. That will take you to the mother load of the Brethren recipes. They're not all there, but a nice cache with most of the "keepers". We've recently switched over to new software and we're just getting comfortable with it, but I suspect the recipe section will just keep getting better.

Or just ask in the forum as you did and someone will find it for you.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookboo...ory=*BRETHREN APPETIZERS, SIDES and DESSERTS*

BlueIdTxan said:

Sorry bout that. How long = what temp. If your using raw egg and raw pork at 175 deg. F, it's alot longer than just cheese at 275 deg. F

One "trick" to speed things up is to BOIL the sausage links and then cut them into 1" chunks for stuffing and cook in the 250-275 deg.F range for a coupla hours.

For the last couple of months, I've been smoke drying this years pepper crop every weekend at relatively low temps like around 200 deg. F WITHOUT a water pan. And ont the bottom (5th) shelf, I do a couple of dozen stuffed baby poblanos. These stay on for up to 8 hours.

PS: I've got around 8 to 10 coffee cans full of crushed smoke dried peppers.

BBQchef33 said:
i buy bulk sausage and form it into a big patty and smoke it, for a little bit, but not with sweet blueI let a little heavier smoke get to it for a little and keep temps around 200 and under. Dont coook all the way thru. Then add some shreaded cheese and stuff it into poblanos.

Variation: add some seasoned rice to the mixture... saffron, spanish, rissotto, etc...

used rice leftover from Payaya(sp?) and it came out awesome.

Payaya = Paella

Phil Decoder Ring Mod

Back