Salisbury, Maryland- Pork in the Park

Read there are 75 in for this one so far... should be fun.

One last question on the Friday night stuff... 9x9's? or is this a bring your own platter type of thing?

Read there are 75 in for this one so far... should be fun.

One last question on the Friday night stuff... 9x9's? or is this a bring your own platter type of thing?

It was 'bring your own' last year. But I spoke to John, the rep (sorry forget his last name), after the contest last year and he said the platters were a logistics nightmare and they would go to 1/2 alums this year. Don't know what will actually happen this year. I'd come prepared for either scenario

Chris, if I remember right, they just put whatever the chefs choice was turned in on a table outside the judges tent to be picked up by the teams. How is that a logistical nightmare? I think the 1/2 pans would take away from the presentation of some of the turn ins. JMHO.

Chris, if I remember right, they just put whatever the chefs choice was turned in on a table outside the judges tent to be picked up by the teams. How is that a logistical nightmare? I think the 1/2 pans would take away from the presentation of some of the turn ins. JMHO.

It was difficult to stage and present 70 some odd platters to the judges in a timely fashion.

E mail this morning from Sandy Fulton says:

Yes you will have a choice of the aluminum pan or styro foam for Anything Butt and Perdue. I am going to send a letter out the end of the week with all the information.

E mail this morning from Sandy Fulton says:

Yes you will have a choice of the aluminum pan or styro foam for Anything Butt and Perdue. I am going to send a letter out the end of the week with all the information.
Does that mean only the food can go in the aluminum pan? Can we put cups in there or little plates etc?

I know they cant ever predict weather correctly but this is the forecast for the week of the contest and if it is close to this shouldn't be so bad
Saturday, Apr 12
03.gif

High: 59 °F RealFeel®: 60 °F
Partly sunny

Saturday Night, Apr 12
35.gif

Low: 43 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Partly cloudy

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast

Sunday, Apr 13
04.gif

High: 59 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Times of clouds and sun

Sunday Night, Apr 13
12.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Mostly cloudy with a couple of showers

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast Available on Premium | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast

Monday, Apr 14
03.gif

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 67 °F
Partly sunny and warmer

Monday Night, Apr 14
39.gif

Low: 54 °F RealFeel®: 47 °F
Partly cloudy with a couple of showers

Tuesday, Apr 15
18.gif

High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 52 °F
Colder and rainy

Tuesday Night, Apr 15
38.gif

Low: 33 °F RealFeel®: 35 °F
Mostly cloudy and cold with a shower

Wednesday, Apr 16
04.gif

High: 56 °F RealFeel®: 54 °F
Intervals of clouds and sunshine

Wednesday Night, Apr 16
36.gif

Low: 31 °F RealFeel®: 31 °F
Partly cloudy and cold

Looking go according to accuweather
Friday, Apr 18
03.gif

High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 53 °F
Partial sunshine

Friday Night, Apr 18
35.gif

Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 41 °F
Partly cloudy

just to stir the pot... a coupla years back we took 5th with ABT's in yer standard 9x9 styro... it's open garnish isn't it?, so I would think you can put whatever you want in the turn-in container. I haven't gotten a letter yet about that.

weather-wise, as long as it isn't anything like two years ago's hellish downpours, it's all good.

I can't wait... see you all there!

Back