Contest Announcment Roc City Rib Fest, May 29 – 30, 2010

Get rid of dessert!!!!!!!

I say keep dessert--we've got a killer dessert person :mrgreen:

On the other hand, Diva Q's entered. Didn't she get a 180 in dessert at the Oink? :icon_shock1:

Seriously, though, last time I judged a grilling contest, the last turn-in was Chef's choice, and it seemed like the entire judging tent was hoping for desserts. Everyone was kind of bummed that only two dessert entries were turned in--none at my table.

--frank in Wilson, NY

I say keep dessert--we've got a killer dessert person :mrgreen:

On the other hand, Diva Q's entered. Didn't she get a 180 in dessert at the Oink? :icon_shock1:

Seriously, though, last time I judged a grilling contest, the last turn-in was Chef's choice, and it seemed like the entire judging tent was hoping for desserts. Everyone was kind of bummed that only two dessert entries were turned in--none at my table.

--frank in Wilson, NY

I like doing the dessert, for NEBS you can't just assemble the dessert onsite it has to be grilled in someway (main component has to be cooked onsite). Very technical category.

OK, so what would you put in its place?

Fatty, seafood, etc, not sure what other choices you have. Dessert to me turns into everyone buying storebought crap and throwing it together. A lot of cheaters when it comes to the dessert category. I already know what I am making. Worm and brain pie!

Sorry Brian - one more cry - standard garnish, some people cannot afford or do not have the time to have dry ice steaming off their platters or buy 500 dollar platters or put gold leaf all over the place. Even though all that looks very tacky, the judges love it. I go very simple and clean, along the lines of fine dining and that does nothing againts Joes chocolate pudding with cool whip and a bush of fresh mint popping out the top!!!!:)

Keep Dessert!!!

Death by Diva (I don't EVER do anything store bought) is going to come out again this year !

dessert sucks! I'd rather grill veggies. already have pizza, is it a grilling contest or a bake off?

I'm missing where the event organizer asked for everyones opinion on the selected categories :confused:

Suck it up and cook the categories they selected.... or you could just hang out, drink beer and prepare for the KCBS contest :-D

Sorry Brian - one more cry - standard garnish, some people cannot afford or do not have the time to have dry ice steaming off their platters or buy 500 dollar platters or put gold leaf all over the place. Even though all that looks very tacky, the judges love it. I go very simple and clean, along the lines of fine dining and that does nothing againts Joes chocolate pudding with cool whip and a bush of fresh mint popping out the top!!!!:)

Standard garnish really limits the creativity, this means no bun, no dipping sauce for wings, no chunky sauce etc...

Stop being so lazy, get your mug on TV once and you think you are king :p:p:p (Congrats again!)

Standard garnish really limits the creativity, this means no bun, no dipping sauce for wings, no chunky sauce etc...

At Boston Hills we have Open Garnish in a standard 9 x 9 styrofoam box for the NEBS Grilling. It allows cooks to be creative with their presentation, while keeping things simple with the container.

At Boston Hills we have Open Garnish in a standard 9 x 9 styrofoam box for the NEBS Grilling. It allows cooks to be creative with their presentation, while keeping things simple with the container.

Also at Boston Hills the organizer wears the Gayest flowery shorts ever. Thats a presentation unto itself. (nttiawwt)
Giggler-Gayestshortsever.jpg

I'm missing where the event organizer asked for everyones opinion on the selected categories :confused: Suck it up and cook the categories they selected.... or you could just hang out, drink beer and prepare for the KCBS contest :-D

I'll be hanging out drinking beer.... My NY Pit Beyotch owns all decisions in the grilling comp. I am just there to mix drinks. :twisted:
Also at Boston Hills the organizer wears the Gayest flowery shorts ever. Thats a presentation unto itself. (nttiawwt)
Giggler-Gayestshortsever.jpg

NTTAWWT!!!!!!:p

I'm missing where the event organizer asked for everyones opinion on the selected categories :confused:

I got the idea from post #40 in this thread

Get rid of dessert!!!!!!!
OK, so what would you put in its place?

but maybe I'm missing something...

Suck it up and cook the categories they selected.... or you could just hang out, drink beer and prepare for the KCBS contest :-D

by prepare do you mean heckle or shig? :twisted:

Cool. I like single barrel Jack with two ice cubes. :-D

As you know us peasants are not worthy of drinking such fine burnt whiskey and will more than likely be studying under Professors Bushmill and Goose....unless of course you are sharing some of that lifetime supply I hear you got for winning.....
:biggrin::biggrin:

I got the idea from post #40 in this thread

but maybe I'm missing something...

Oh, I'm sorry I must have been distracted by all the whining

Professors Bushmill and Goose....unless of course you are sharing some of that lifetime supply I hear you got for winning.....
:biggrin::biggrin:

Sorry, drinking Irish Whiskey on the sacred grounds of the hollow (while cooking the Jack no less) automatically disqualifies you from participating in the lifetime whiskey program :twisted:

Back