Contest Announcment Roc City Rib Fest, May 29 – 30, 2010

Hello - This is my first competition and I have a few questions. One of my team members plays in a band and wants to set up his equipment and play guitar and sing. Is there any issues with playing music? Does it have to be at a certain sound level? Is there a time when everyone is expected to be quiet?

thanks
Kevin

KCBS rules say 11 PM to 7 AM is quiet time. As the rep for the contest, PLEASE don't make us come visit you during that time.

Hey - Neil from Too Sauced To Pork here -

I'm blowing my May Comp money for Memphis in May, so if anyone wants an extra hand to help out or an extra smoker (Stumps 223 offset) for the weekend let me know...

I'm blowing my May Comp money for Memphis in May, so if anyone wants an extra hand to help out or an extra smoker (Stumps 223 offset) for the weekend let me know...

Neil,

I'm pretty sure we have plenty of help for Roc City, but you are more than welcome to hang out if you want...maybe share a beer or two. We could also chat about having a guerilla bbq this year and maybe hammer out some details.

Sean
Red Valley BBQ

BBQ Hog will be there, Rochester is our first KCBS contest of 2010. Signed up for all three events. Got my buddy Jonathan Stewart from the Smokin' Carnivores (Canyon Texas) roped in to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rochester is a whole long list of first for me. The latest is we will be cooking for the Judging class. The Lang will be fired up anyway for the cooking class so we are happy to help.

Roc City Rib Fest is proud to announce a partnership with Humphreys BBQ store! See the link below for ordering charcoal and wood chips and chunks. These will be delivered directly to your site during the competition with NO shipping costs! Order a pallet for the entire season! We only use Humphreys in competition!

Humphreys Charcoal and Wood Pre-Order Form

I'd like to take advantage of the Humphreys charcoal deal and I was going to send in an order via email, but as I was filling out the form I realized I don't know where it should be sent. I can't find an email address on the form. Where should I send it?

Thanks,
--frank in Wilson, NY

I'd like to take advantage of the Humphreys charcoal deal and I was going to send in an order via email, but as I was filling out the form I realized I don't know where it should be sent. I can't find an email address on the form. Where should I send it?

Thanks,
--frank in Wilson, NY
'
Checking right now which we should use...

EDIT:
nicole@msmco-metal.com

Last edited:
We are getting close and now up to 52 KCBS teams and 74 Overall! We have plenty of room for more so sign up today. Competition prices go up May 1st, so if you have been holding out or on the fence, now is the time.

Thanks!

Sorry, drinking Irish Whiskey on the sacred grounds of the hollow (while cooking the Jack no less) automatically disqualifies you from participating in the lifetime whiskey program :twisted:

and yes I realize that I may have upset the gods but I had to go for the whiskey trifecta! rookie mistake, hopefully one day I get to redeem myself.........:icon_smil

Son, you are officially redeemed of your sin. (Thanks for that ice cold bottle of gentlemen jack Sunday morning in Rochester)

Back