Reverse Sear Ribeye Success!!! On a Pellet Pooper no less....

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
I don't think I will ever use another method other than reverse sear on Ribeye's or NY Strip Loins anymore, just seemed to have gotten a handle on the technique, and it works better than anything else I've tried in my illustrious career.

Half of a bone-in ribeye roast dry brined overnight with SPOG, then slow smoked in my FEC-100. Two hours at 180 degrees, one hour at 225 degrees, then 250 degrees until 116 internal. It continued to cook after I pulled it from the smoker into the 124 degree range. I let it rest for about an hour there before throwing it into a 525 degree convection oven for five minutes to crisp up the outside and it never went over 128 degrees internal. Turned out great!

Reverse Sear Sliced by David Miller, on Flickr

Reverse Sear Whole by David Miller, on Flickr

Reverse Sear Dry Brine by David Miller, on Flickr

Nailed it!! End to end pink FTW.

Reverse sear on anything over 1 1/2" personally.

looks amazing, what flavor pellets?

I like B&B pellets which are easy to find here in Texas at Academy Sports and Outdoors. I believe B&B is rebranded BBQ Delight and I use 50% Hickory and 50% Cherry blended together. Hickory for the flavor, and Cherry really adds a nice color.

Been running that combo for a few years and really like it.

David

Oh, man.... No more calls, please... we have a winner!

Ed, I'm going to need some of your "whoresradish." :roll:

Looks amazing! You’re clearly an individual with infinite patience to rest that beauty for a full hour before the sear. I’d have a hard time not carving into that immediately!

Back