Monster Tomahawk Ribeye Cook

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
Cooked monster reverse-seared Ribeye's for my Father-in-Law's birthday yesterday (About 3.5 lbs. each). Salted and refrigerated uncovered overnight, then smoked low and slow for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees before bumping it up to 250 degrees for another 40 minutes on my FEC-100. Off the smoker at 115 degrees and they carried over to about 122 degrees internal. Rested steaks while I built a raging hot fire with ten pounds of Mesquite Lump and Hickory chunks on my Weber 26", and then gave them a quick sear. Used my Slow 'n Sear in the Weber to create a cool zone so I didn't burn off all of my arm hair!

Final internal temperature was 125 to 127 degrees which is just about perfect for me. Last picture is drizzled with a Chimichurri sauce I made from Garlic, Fresh Oregano & Italian Parsley, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper.

Kroger had Frenched, individually wrapped Swift Choice Tomahawk Ribeye's for $6.77 per pound the Thursday before Memorial Day so I bought four of the largest they had. Went back the next day and they were all gone! Figured that may be the cheapest we will see choice Tomahawk Ribeye for a while!

Tomahawk Plated by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Raw Seasoned by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Smoke by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Grill by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Sear by David Miller, on Flickr

IMG_1383 by David Miller, on Flickr

Cooked monster reverse-seared Ribeye's for my Father-in-Law's birthday yesterday (About 3.5 lbs. each). Salted and refrigerated uncovered overnight, then smoked low and slow for 1.5 hours at 180 degrees before bumping it up to 250 degrees for another 40 minutes on my FEC-100. Off the smoker at 115 degrees and they carried over to about 122 degrees internal. Rested steaks while I built a raging hot fire with ten pounds of Mesquite Lump and Hickory chunks on my Weber 26", and then gave them a quick sear. Used my Slow 'n Sear in the Weber to create a cool zone so I didn't burn off all of my arm hair!

Final internal temperature was 125 to 127 degrees which is just about perfect for me. Last picture is drizzled with a Chimichurri sauce I made from Garlic, Fresh Oregano & Italian Parsley, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt & Pepper.

Kroger had Frenched, individually wrapped Swift Choice Tomahawk Ribeye's for $6.77 per pound the Thursday before Memorial Day so I bought four of the largest they had. Went back the next day and they were all gone! Figured that may be the cheapest we will see choice Tomahawk Ribeye for a while!

Tomahawk Plated by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Raw Seasoned by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Smoke by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Grill by David Miller, on Flickr

Tomahawk Sear by David Miller, on Flickr

IMG_1383 by David Miller, on Flickr

Perfection my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Can't get any better than that. At first I was envious of those steaks but, after reading a bit just as envious of the price :clap2:

Back