Red Lobster biscuits

Either make the recipe or buy the RL box. Make dough per instructions and roll into large gumball size balls. Freeze till almost hard. Add to a seasoned boiling chicken. Makes fantastic dumplings. Some like 1-4" half dollar size wafers.

Regardless. It's good.

This recipe is GREAT! Thanks a million. I think they taste exactly the same. Another vote for not having to go there now that I can make these.

I haven't been to a Red Lobster in over 30 years. Are their biscuits that good?

This recipe is GREAT! Thanks a million. I think they taste exactly the same. Another vote for not having to go there now that I can make these.

You made my wife's recipe?

Awesome that you like them.

I haven't been to a Red Lobster in over 30 years. Are their biscuits that good?

That's been about how long for me too, and I only went just that one time.

You made my wife's recipe?

Awesome that you like them.

I'll be making it soon, too. Please tell the Missus I already like the sound of it and expect them to be goooooood. :thumb:

That's been about how long for me too, and I only went just that one time.

I'll be making it soon, too. Please tell the Missus I already like the sound of it and expect them to be goooooood. :thumb:

I will. But it isn't actually her recipe. She didn't come up with it. But it is red lobsters recipe.

I'm gonna try them but drop in a little real crab into it....hmmm i've had something like that somewhere. :noidea:

I LOVE RL biscuits. So much so, that I've tried dozens of times to recreate the recipe at home, from scratch. Every time the family and I would go to RL, I'd badger the waitress for the recipe. After many failed attempts, one of the gals finally told me the secret of the taste is they use scampi butter.

Well crap. That's not an ingredient I "just have laying around".
So I gave up trying to rip off the recipe and just became content with the "cheddar bay biscuits" that I had come up with.

Then, one day I find out that you can buy the &%@$ things in a box from Walmart. As it turns out, they taste VERY good. I told my wife that she has a standing order to keep a couple boxes in the pantry at any given time.

Yea. :biggrin1:

I'll try this recipe though. I'm game!

I totally thank you for this. My wife loves these and I have never been able to do them justice. I will steal this recipe and claim it as my own with a new name. LOL

I had a lot of people pm me and want the recipe.

Here it is.

Ingredients

2 1/2 Bisquick baking mix
4 tablespoons butter
1 heaping cup grated cheddar
3/4 cup cold whole milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Brush on top ingredients

2 tablespoons butter,melted
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
pinch of salt

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine bisquick with cold water in a medium bowl using a large fork. You dont want
to mix too thoroughly. there should be small chunks of butter in there that are about
the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon garlic. Mix by hand until
combined, but dont over mix.
3.Drop approximately 1/4 cup portions of the dough onto a ungreased cookie sheet using
a ice cream scoop. Bake for 15 to 17 mins. or until the tops of the biscuits begin to
turn light brown.
4. When you take the biscuits out of the oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl
in your microwave. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and the dried parsley flakes. Use
a brush to spread this garlic butter over the tops of all the biscuits. Use up all the
butter.

Makes 1 dozen.

Let me know how you like them. Tastes just like Red Lobster I think.

These are very good.

Back