THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are these better than using a large cooler for holding? What are the advantages? I put most of the meat in the cooler going to the comp so I already have that with me.

At comps, we also use ours as a cooler. (Can of worms - opened) :heh:

We put a bag of ice in a ss hotel pan on the top shelf and use it as a cold box for meat that is rubbed down and ready for the smoker.

When all raw meat is out, we'll wash it out with our Clorox spray, put a big pan of hot water in it to warm it up, and now it's ready to go as a hot box.

We have 2 and LOVE them!

OK, thanks everybody . I think I'm gonna add a second 300 and maybe have those stainless sheets / shelves made ... I'm trying to avoid washing stuff ...I'm using stainless catering pans under the aluminum throw-away pans but I'm finding that the stainless "under" pans get greasy anyway .. so I have to wash them ... I'm wondering if I have the shelfs made, they will need cleaaning anyway .. that grease just finds it way onto everything ..thanks again.

I usually slip ss pan in kitchen size trash bag, then put foil pan in that. No cleanup after.

For those ss pans: See if you have a restaurant supply store in your town. We have one and it's like a candy store for people like us. I can buy used pans for $5 each. Can't beat it.

Back