Question about using Cambro

Are these better than using a large cooler for holding? What are the advantages? I put most of the meat in the cooler going to the comp so I already have that with me.

At comps, we also use ours as a cooler. (Can of worms - opened) :heh:

We put a bag of ice in a ss hotel pan on the top shelf and use it as a cold box for meat that is rubbed down and ready for the smoker.

When all raw meat is out, we'll wash it out with our Clorox spray, put a big pan of hot water in it to warm it up, and now it's ready to go as a hot box.

We have 2 and LOVE them!

OK, thanks everybody . I think I'm gonna add a second 300 and maybe have those stainless sheets / shelves made ... I'm trying to avoid washing stuff ...I'm using stainless catering pans under the aluminum throw-away pans but I'm finding that the stainless "under" pans get greasy anyway .. so I have to wash them ... I'm wondering if I have the shelfs made, they will need cleaaning anyway .. that grease just finds it way onto everything ..thanks again.

I usually slip ss pan in kitchen size trash bag, then put foil pan in that. No cleanup after.

For those ss pans: See if you have a restaurant supply store in your town. We have one and it's like a candy store for people like us. I can buy used pans for $5 each. Can't beat it.

Back