ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Now this is what I call a pork chop

c6bQjJ7h.jpg

Walked into a new neighborhood butcher shop and saw a 10 bone Berkshire pork rack. At $16/lb I brought the whole thing home and vac packed six of them

QY3mczch.jpg

And left four out for dinner

OBa3kSih.jpg

Skewered up and on they went on my open face pit with hot mesquite fire

g8H6rhBh.jpg

About 145 and rested for a few mins before slicing

mzqQaH9h.jpg

nD9q6hMh.jpg

Just like a good piece of ribeye

2qPajZJh.jpg

UpJ43TUh.jpg

Obviously night and day difference between commodity. I don't think I can eat regular chops again. :shocked: Thanks for looking!

nGUqSRih.jpg

Last edited:
Dayum neighbor - Those look fantastic! I have a Duroc at the butcher now and hope it is close to that good.

Love the butcher paper!

Holy prime pork tomahawks, Batman! I'm speechless...just freaking amazing, Sako! No doubt hard to go back to regular chops after those beauties.

Can you send a whole one my way, please?

Holy prime pork tomahawks, Batman! I'm speechless...just freaking amazing, Sako! No doubt hard to go back to regular chops after those beauties.

Can you send a whole one my way, please?

Thanks brotha! The marbling is insane and the fat literally melts when you press your finger against it in it's raw form. It's that soft. :shocked:

I asked the guy if he'll be carrying it regularly and he said yes. :clap2: He's also got Berkshire baby backs and Sakura belly which I both tried. Excellent stuff and he's reasonably priced.

Fantastic! One of my favorite meals but never tried over straight Mesquite. what did you think about that?

I've been getting rib chops from a local farm that raises mangalitsa / red wattle hybrids for $12/lb and they are excellent as well.

Fantastic! One of my favorite meals but never tried over straight Mesquite. what did you think about that?

I've been getting rib chops from a local farm that raises mangalitsa / red wattle hybrids for $12/lb and they are excellent as well.

Thanks!

I have an open face pit that I do a lot of kabobs using skewers and had it fired up for some chicken and pork belly so I just skewered the chops too instead of putting the grate on it. Mesquite works great since it burns hot, long and packs a punch compared to other hardwood especially on an open face pit that loses heat a lot faster.

It doesn't overwhelm with smoke flavor either because I use it for grilling only. I do lamb chops, baby back ribs, wings, chicken you name it and it's done in 20 mins tops.

AqFVrW7h.jpg

OInn5Hdh.jpg

MXDsSXAh.jpg

Qcx4HrJh.jpg

That's how you do fine pork chops! I can't wait to see what you do to the others. If you top this cook, you will have me twice as envious.

I like cheap pork chops. And high e d ones, well I love them. Awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Totally agree on the quality of pork. I like to go to a local shop here as well, they raise their own pork and you can tell the difference. Few pics from a while back when I walked in like you and saw some bone-in rib loin chops.

297-C9353-8-A71-40-DF-9901-82-F974-DEC834.jpg

6-DFA117-A-D9-FA-4744-B8-D1-9666-CE07-C035.jpg

E57-C7542-2-BC1-46-D4-B84-C-823-D4-E0-AE051.jpg

A6-A72430-6343-4661-9-D23-D1-F3-F9-D529-E1.jpg

Back