Poorque - Princeton WI

Good for her! At this point we're not cooking anywhere that weekend. i have to be in Vegas for a trade show until late Friday of that week :(

I know that we are already signed up and in fact Ramona is breaking out her own team to try some new stuff out on the Judges!!! I guess that makes us two of the 'Out of Staters'!

I know that we are already signed up and in fact Ramona is breaking out her own team to try some new stuff out on the Judges!!! I guess that makes us two of the 'Out of Staters'!

When she told me a few of the teams signed up I thought that I would skip trying the new recipes. Several Michigan teams also.

While I really like Tony and Anita I think this contest is not a good idea. While we don't go to contests for the money I don't think that this type of contest, just to get an invitation to the Royal or to qualify to the Jack invite, is good. Next thing you know more and more contests will lower the entry and lower the payoffs and the end result will be watered down competitiors just trying to get an easy draw.

While I really like Tony and Anita I think this contest is not a good idea. While we don't go to contests for the money I don't think that this type of contest, just to get an invitation to the Royal or to qualify to the Jack invite, is good. Next thing you know more and more contests will lower the entry and lower the payoffs and the end result will be watered down competitiors just trying to get an easy draw.

That may be my friend but with the teams she has entered I dont think there will be any cakewalks at this one.

Your right Coz, this comtest has multiple winners in it, but it may lead to more contests popping up all over paying Nothing. I just think it sets a bad precedent (spelling)?

Well I believe sponsorship is down due to economy, especially in Michigan.
It may well be the thing of the future but I am no expert for sure.

Just sayin.

Your right Coz, this comtest has multiple winners in it, but it may lead to more contests popping up all over paying Nothing. I just think it sets a bad precedent (spelling)?

along with costing nothing too--just a place to bring the granddaughter along to help cook, and hang with friends--to me its a win-win situation. But everyone goes to contests with different expectations/goals---maybe a cool ribbon or two would be nice

I guess I'm cheap, but I wish they didn't make you pay $30 to camp too. Anyways, I had planned on going to Taylorville the week before and staying home this weekend, but that may have to be flipped due to kid stuff.

When she told me a few of the teams signed up I thought that I would skip trying the new recipes. Several Michigan teams also.
We figured that since the team is already traveling out there, and with the low entrance fee, why not try something a little new....

While I really like Tony and Anita I think this contest is not a good idea. While we don't go to contests for the money I don't think that this type of contest, just to get an invitation to the Royal or to qualify to the Jack invite, is good. Next thing you know more and more contests will lower the entry and lower the payoffs and the end result will be watered down competitors just trying to get an easy draw.

To be honest, I'm really hoping that this catches on in a limited way. Please don't get me wrong, I like taking a walk that ends with a check, but I also feel that if we are going to continue to build our 'Sport', we need to have some low cost ways to get into it. The Gov. Proc. is a way of enticing experienced teams to the comp. and I'm hoping help out the new people and keep them interested in it.

That may be my friend but with the teams she has entered I dont think there will be any cakewalks at this one.
I couldn't agree more.

Like a backyard or competitor series contest?

Some how I was thinkin all the Wi contests were backyard?

I never said that. I suggested that is how some contests should be sanctioned. Especially if it's for recruiting and/or to appeal to the local cooks that don't or wouldn't normally cook a KCBS contest.

FWIW I've supported WI contests since I started competing. I'll do that again in the fall.

It's official. I just sent in my entry for PoorQue. I look forward to seeing some of you again. Hopefully we won't get stuck next to an EXTREMELY noisy generator like we did at Shannon.

PeteG - after seeing your UDS's in action at shannon and with your showing at Deforest I decided to dump the crappy char-grillers and will be finishing my 2nd and 3rd UDS this weekend.

It's official. I just sent in my entry for PoorQue. I look forward to seeing some of you again. Hopefully we won't get stuck next to an EXTREMELY noisy generator like we did at Shannon.

PeteG - after seeing your UDS's in action at shannon and with your showing at Deforest I decided to dump the crappy char-grillers and will be finishing my 2nd and 3rd UDS this weekend.

There really shouldnt be a need for anyone to run a generator .This is a regular campground and should be plenty of power.

I guess I'm cheap, but I wish they didn't make you pay $30 to camp too. Anyways, I had planned on going to Taylorville the week before and staying home this weekend, but that may have to be flipped due to kid stuff.

The $30 for friday nite is included in the entry fee.If you want to do thursday or saturday you need to talk to the campground.I can talk to them also they are long time friends.If you need somethin let me know.

I wish I could afford this one. I know, given the contest, I should be able to.

There is still gas, and meat and other stuff.

I really wish I could do it.

Back