Contest Announcment La Crosse, WI - Rotary Rock-n-Ribs KCBS Pro State Championship, KCBS Backyard, Kids Q, & SCA Steak and Wing Competitions, and more.

Rotary RocknRibs

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Who's ready for a rockin' good time on June 23-24, 2017? Our Rotary Rock-n-Ribs event offers smokey-delicious food, fun competitions, and music for all ages. Our Annual Rotary Rock-n-Ribs event is at a new and bigger location - Oktoberfest Grounds in the downtown of La Crosse, Wisconsin.

Friday, June 23rd

- KCBS Kids Q that includes two categories, Grill Masters (ages 7 through 10) and Pit Masters (ages 11 through 15). $25 entry fee; payout is $500 ($250 each category)

- SCA (Steak Cookoff Association) steak and wing competitions. Winner of the SCA Steak and Wing Competition will be qualified to be entered into the World Food Championship (WFC) steak or chicken category The winner will be qualified to be entered into the SCA Championship in Fort Worth TX, first place is $15,000. Also, we are part of the GrillGrates Challenge. The highest SCA member using GrillGrates at the event will win a $250 bonus check from GrillGrates. Entry fee $100 and payout $3000 for steak competition; $25 entry fee and $500 payout for wing competition.

Saturday, June 24th.

- KCBS Stand Alone Backyard. Entry is $125. Payouts are $1000 for GC, $500 for Reserve GC, and prize money for the top 10 in each chicken and ribs categories; total payout is $5000. Shade Tree Division at the Jack - lottery drawing for any backyard teams who have not cooked on the Pro side of any competition; questions, email Pam Hess at pmhess@yahoo.com.

- KCBS Pro State Championship. Entry is $250. Payouts are $1000 to GC, $600 to Reserve GC, $400 to the 3rd Overall Scores, and prize money for the top 10 in each category of the chicken, ribs, pork, and brisket; total payout is $10,000. Winner gets an automatic invite to the American Royal invitational and be put in the Jack Daniels draw.

- Mystery Ingredient Competition. Entry is $25. Mystery ingredient will be revealed at cook's meeting on Friday, June 23rd; last year it was pineapple. Payout is $500.

Check out our website - www.rotaryrocknribs.com
Questions, contact Laurie Tweten at rocknribsbbq@gmail.com

Good luck BBQ teams this summer!!!
Laurie

I have to add that Laurie is not new to being an organizer. She has hosted many successful events and most recently hosted the Travis Clark Class. It was world class. Nest week nd they will be hosting a SCA judging class. Signup is on the SCA website.

I can't wait for this contest! Great venue at the Oktoberfest grounds in downtown La Crosse. Literally 50 yards away from the Mississippi river. The organizer has done her due diligence to make this a very team friendly event!

Sounds like a grand time.
Best of luck to all of you.
I know Laurie to be a quality person who has worked hard to make herself knowledgeable
and has become a team oriented organizer.
You won't be sorry you came here.

Thank you B.S. Barbeque - I can't wait either. I know the BBQ competition and event will be fun. I

Laurie Tweten
Rotary Rock-n-Ribs (KCBS Judge, SCA Judge, Organizer, and in the next month or two - a KCBS Master Judge :) )

Destined to be another awesome event!

This will be our 3rd year attending this contest, plenty of fun things to do for everyone. The entire organizing team does a top notch taking care of every team + promote it throughout the area as a family fun event. Laurie has the drive and passion to host a quality event that every competitor is looking for in an organizer. If you're on the fence about getting in on the fun, give her a call - you'll make your decision quickly!

Less than 3 weeks and we'll be listening to Hairball on Friday night Rock n' Ribs at the historic downtown La Crosse Oktoberfest grounds! There is quite a buzz around town in anticipation for this event. It's going to be one of those can't miss contests. The atmosphere is going to be amazing! Hope to see you there!

Back